GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Gotta love the people out to take your money....

I found the truck that I had missed out on today. About a month ago, there was a 2003 Avalanche for sale here - 153,000km, supercharger and all the other upgrades so the supercharger doesn't eat it up, etc. This thing had over $14,000 in extras with it. Beautiful truck, but I missed out on getting to it by one evening. The guy wanted $14,000 for it.

Today, I found the truck for sale again. New owner put a new set of wheels on it - replaced a nice set of Silverado SS 20's with some black 22's. He is now asking $19,800. I know I still couldn't build this thing for that price, but a $5,800 increase is ridiculous.

Gotta say, I've really been kicking myself for not getting to that one sooner.

But, I am going to see if anyone has given him his small fortune by thursday, and if not I will probably make a lower offer on it without the 22's

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Good luck!!!

Legend

Blog Entries

Those one-day-off type of deals get to me, as well. But at times they come in handy. "If it's still there tomorrow I'll buy it."

I kind of see how it's annoying to see the truck for sale again but can understand the price increase. Even you said it was worth the new price. Well....had you not known it was for sale cheaper not all too long ago, and you just come across it, you'd think about snatching it up because it's worth it. The guy just knows he can make some money because the truck is worth it. Not his fault the first seller didn't realize he could have gotten more money for it.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I found the truck that I had missed out on today. About a month ago, there was a 2003 Avalanche for sale here - 153,000km, supercharger and all the other upgrades so the supercharger doesn't eat it up, etc. This thing had over $14,000 in extras with it. Beautiful truck, but I missed out on getting to it by one evening. The guy wanted $14,000 for it.

Today, I found the truck for sale again. New owner put a new set of wheels on it - replaced a nice set of Silverado SS 20's with some black 22's. He is now asking $19,800. I know I still couldn't build this thing for that price, but a $5,800 increase is ridiculous.

Gotta say, I've really been kicking myself for not getting to that one sooner.

But, I am going to see if anyone has given him his small fortune by thursday, and if not I will probably make a lower offer on it without the 22's

Any pictures?
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    Those one-day-off type of deals get to me, as well. But at times they come in handy. "If it's still there tomorrow I'll buy it."

I kind of see how it's annoying to see the truck for sale again but can understand the price increase. Even you said it was worth the new price. Well....had you not known it was for sale cheaper not all too long ago, and you just come across it, you'd think about snatching it up because it's worth it. The guy just knows he can make some money because the truck is worth it. Not his fault the first seller didn't realize he could have gotten more money for it.
    The original owner (1st and only owner) had it listed at $17,500 for a few hours but decided to drop it to $14,000 to get rid of it, so I should have made more of an effort to jump on it.

It has:
    - supercharger, intercooler, etc.
    - transmission upgrades
    - LS1 rockers & lifters
    - electric fans
    - cold air intake
    - headers & new magnaflow cats & exhaust
    - escalade EXT upper cladding & tailgate
    - custom hood
    - 22" wheels (I personally liked the silverado SS wheels on it better anyway though)
    - Z71, GFX package, everything except sunroof
    - mild drop

Here are some pictures of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6213bg8_20.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	19734

Name:	894759f_20.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	19733

Name:	5534kh7_20.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	19732

Name:	095942b_20.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	19731

Not a fan of avalanches, but that is really nice.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

It is very nice. I would probably offer him about $16,000 with the SS wheels he bought it with instead of the 22's, but I don't know that he would come down that much. Other than that, I'm not sure whether I would want to keep looking for another truck or find a nice little car to boot around in and hang onto my truck.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Yes, that is a nice looking truck.
    I use the sour grapes approach when I miss a good deal.
    100,000 miles(150,000 km) is a fair number of miles for a supercharged motor.Granted maybe the SC hasn't been on too long, but still a fair number of miles.And, if he put the SC on maybe he actually used it fairly hard.
    Just assume the drivetrain is ready to punt, and you got lucky!

Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Yes, that is a nice looking truck.
    I use the sour grapes approach when I miss a good deal.
    100,000 miles(150,000 km) is a fair number of miles for a supercharged motor.Granted maybe the SC hasn't been on too long, but still a fair number of miles.And, if he put the SC on maybe he actually used it fairly hard.
    Just assume the drivetrain is ready to punt, and you got lucky!

Charlie
    X2..... but then there is the other side to that as well................................
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"