GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the quality has gone downhill, wildlife isnt the same, scenery isnt as pretty, ect. I'm sure its still beautiful, but a friend of mine went a few months ago and told me it wasnt how he remembered it....it should be well worth the drive...I know I plan to go again
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

I hope the Nat'l Parks are still in good shape. They're one of the best reasons to travel in the country. Haven't been to Yellowstone yet.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Alot of the local National and state parks around here are still beautiful as they ever where... Lake Superior Nation Forest is still a great place to visit (i go fishing all the time in that area.) but they key is going where the tourist dont go since you get to see more. I have a few areas that i go were it is normal to see Moose, Bear, and obviously lots of deer etc.. The only creature that i hate seeing is Timber Wolf since they are quite destructive...
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Drove up to Otis, MA this weekend to attend the Big E. Traffic sucked. Now I remember why I stay home most weekends.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Drove up to Otis, MA this weekend to attend the Big E. Traffic sucked. Now I remember why I stay home most weekends.
    ME TO..
    Last week was another run to Rochester MN for me. Fine driving on the way down, but on the way back watch out. they got 9in of Rain in 24 hours. when my wife and i left the Dr they had closed all but 2 routes home. One took us all the way over the Central MN (about 2 extra hours drive time) and the other took us out to PODUNK middle of nowwhere and over the same river that had the 4lane highway closed. And the water was just about over the road and wouldnt you know it took an extra 2 hours just to go three miles. total drive time was 4hr 10min, for a normal drive time of 3hours average going right at the speed limit (i usually go 1mph over and have the cruise set), And in the 4hrs there wasnt much of a speed limit.
    But the trees are changing here so things are looking beautiful, so it might time to take a ride up the Nothshore and take a few snap shots.
    That is if i can get away from fixing up the Hunting trails on my land HAHA...
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

That's brutal. You're making me feel better about sitting in I-95 traffic Fri night. I don't know about by you, but near me the worst is getting cut-off by idiots in their little cars, especially in traffic. That's when I like sitting up high and positioning my lights in their side-view mirrors. I might have to consider HIDs next year.

I took about a 3 hour 'road trip' this weekend. Hardly a road trip when you live in Texas, but I headed over to a ranch just outside of San Marcos to do some camping. Good times, cold nights, and little sleep.

Sweet. Camping is definitely something I want to do more of with this truck. I'd love to get a tent for the bed since the wife isn't big on sleeping on the ground.

Legend
    Blog Entries

They actually make a tent that folds up on top of a topper. Ill look for it a guy was selling on on Craigslist, and the nice thing is you are off the ground but also you still have your bed covered for all your stuff..
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    They actually make a tent that folds up on top of a topper. Ill look for it a guy was selling on on Craigslist, and the nice thing is you are off the ground but also you still have your bed covered for all your stuff..
    That sounds like it would work out real nice for me. Let me know how you found it. What did you search on? The biggest issue I have is carrying all the stuff for me, my wife, my daughter and our choc. lab when we travel. There's never enough room. Thanks Mike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast