GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Removing body molding

I've done a lot of searching for this, but haven't came up with any answers yet. I have an 07 1500, new body style and I'm thinking about removing the molding down the side. There is plenty of info on how to do this, but I would like to find pictures of a truck without the molding to see how it looks.

Anyone have any pictures of a new body style truck without the molding down the side?

Welcome to the club and there are many members on this site with the moldings removed, I'm sure when they see this post they will post there pictures.

Question

I took the Silverado & Chevrolet of my tailgate with fishing line not a big deal. Now taking off the double back tape not so easy I used gasoline and a rag took some time but the tailgate looks great. I never even thought to take pictures, I would how ever like to remove my side molding and install GMC chrome side molding so if there is an easer way to remove the molding and double back tape I would like to know.

Steve
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

I removed mine last weekend using fishing line a powerwasher and laquer thinner here is a pic of the finished product
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Truck 007.jpg  

That does look pretty good. I took mine off along with the silverado badge and it doesn't look right. As much as I like a clean look, there needs to be something there since the doors are so large and flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Z71silverado View Post
    I removed mine last weekend using fishing line a powerwasher and laquer thinner here is a pic of the finished product
    WOW! That looks really good.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Finaly got around to taking a picture. I didn't think to take one of the other side, which does not have the silverado badges. I think I'll be putting them back on soon.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	1353 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	21585

You are right about needing to leave the silverado lettering there.Your doors would look larger and bare without them.I do like it without the side mouldings,looks good!

No side moldings came on mine , but I want to add them....
    2011 Silverado Crew Cab LT Z71, 5.3L, Airaid Tube, Flowmaster Super 44 Series, 20% front tint, Carbon Fiber wrapped Bowties, DeBadged doors and Tailgate, 20" wheels with painted bowties.

Jr. Apprentice

if you wait a while they'll fall off on their own. mine are
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Crew cab LTZ 6.0

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by