GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Amp to power door speakers

Hi i am wanting to wire a 4 channel amp up to my door speakers. I was wondering if i could wire the amp up to my factory door speakers???(i believe there factory but idk) i just want to be able to turn it up louder and it to still be a crisp sound. i was thinking about getting a alpine 4-channel amp. Plus im also going to buy a headunit. i have a used small kicker mono amp. could that work?
    Last edited by Jcloud; 08-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    1998 K1500 Ext Cab Z71 187K
    8k HID's
    285/75/16 BFG A/Ts
    True Dual out the back IMCO glasspacks
    Prestige APS997 Remote start
    Also to come:
    -Rims
    -Mud Tires
    -torison key lift
    -Sound System

The Kicker amp would not work. Mono Amps are designed for Subwoofers. They wont produce the same sound. It would be better to upgrade the door speakers when you amplify them. Factory speakers are rated at a lot lower RMS wattage then the aftermarkets.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

But your factory speakers might sound a bit better with a aftermarket radio with a built in Crossover.. But an amp giving 35-75 watts RMS added to the new speakers will sound better..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I amplified my stock door speakers until i could get the components put in....they actually sounded really good and I almost didnt change em out....I put 50 watts to them..thats about as brave as i got with them!

So for a temporary measure it should be fine.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com