GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Throttle body adjustment?

Hi all got a 95 chevy suburban 1500 5.7 liter with just about 250,000 miles on it. We have had issues with it not starting in the winter and we have replaced everything on it except the motor itself. Yesterday I installed a rebuilt TPI unit, I figured maybe the gas flow out of the injectors probably should not drip and should spray a bit more. Now that I installed it, they spray. Unfortunatly the truck doesn't like to run that well. It idles about 500 if that is correct? I am sure its not, and likes to die and it misses alot more than it it did when it had the old TPI unit on it. Is there an adjustment on the TPI to make it idle a bit higher? Or should I do a compression check on it. If I do, what should I have for each cylinder? Oh yes, any of you have courtesey light problems? Mine do not work and the fuse seems to be intact, any ideas? Thanks fellas.

Legend
    Blog Entries

OK well i address the TPI (im going to assume you mean the Throttle body Injector assembly or TBI as most of refer to) ok did you swap over the Idle Air control valve from the old TBI or did you get a new one? Also what is the Fuel pressure at? And is the TBI like new new? or off of another truck? Also did you swap over the TPS from the old TBI? Next when was the last time it was timmed? And also is the Check engine light one?
    As to your courtesy lights do they work when you open the door or do they work when you turn on the switch? just trying to get a starting point with that.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

The TBI is from an Ebay store rebuilt, bolt on direct replacemnet. I replaced the IAC new a couple months ago. Havent checked fuel pressure the pumps are also new, fuel filter, and I have not timed it yet. I could address that though if it is running funny that could be a possibility now that it has the proper fuel going to it. As for hte courtesey lights, they do not work at all bulbs are not burnt and the fuse is good. Thanks for the ideas though, I will check into the timing I think.