GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default interior lighting problem?

Ok so i'm new to the SUV's so maybe there is something simple i'm missing? When i walk out to the truck in the dark, which is kept in the garage, I open the door and none of the interior light's come on? If the doors are locked and I unlock them with the remote the lights all come on? I don't lock the truck in the garage. From what I know most cars interior lighting comes on when you open the doors? This is the newest vehical i've ever owned so i'm thinking there is something i need to switch on for them to work? Thanks for the help. I have an 06 Suburban.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-O View Post
    Ok so i'm new to the SUV's so maybe there is something simple i'm missing? When i walk out to the truck in the dark, which is kept in the garage, I open the door and none of the interior light's come on? If the doors are locked and I unlock them with the remote the lights all come on? I don't lock the truck in the garage. From what I know most cars interior lighting comes on when you open the doors? This is the newest vehical i've ever owned so i'm thinking there is something i need to switch on for them to work? Thanks for the help. I have an 06 Suburban.
    There is a Dome Override Button,which is located at the bottom Right of the Headlight Controls,....To set the dome lamps to come on automatically when a door is opened, or to remain off.
    Do the Following,
    ......Press the button into the in position. With the button in this position, the dome lamps will remain off when the doors are open.
    ......To return the lamps to automatic operation, press the button again and return it to the out position......With the button in this position, the dome lamps will come on when you open a door.

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 08-21-2010 at 01:31 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Awesome. I knew with all the little buttons and switches it had to be something simple. Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-O View Post
    Awesome. I knew with all the little buttons and switches it had to be something simple. Thanks for the help
    Glad to help......