GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation A Mirror Question.....

My question is, I own a 04 silverado all power other then the seats, I found a set of mirrors on-line that I can get for $75 they came off a 03 silverado, now I know that they will bolt right up and everything the only difference is they have the turn signels in them and mine don't. So my question is will they work on my truck and plug into the stock mirror harness and if the turn signels will work with my truck......Thanks in advance for any/all answers

Any Help Guys?

They'll work just fine. DO they have power fold? If they have the power fold feature then you just need to have the truck flashed or you can pick up a power fold switch out of a escalade or like a denali.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    They'll work just fine. DO they have power fold? If they have the power fold feature then you just need to have the truck flashed or you can pick up a power fold switch out of a escalade or like a denali.
    Thanks for gettin back to my posts, and as far as I know, the mirrors are exactlly like mine but have the turn signles built in to them, no power fold, even though it says folding mirrors but i take it as they fold like mine if you pull them, I e-mailed the person that has them and they said they are of a 2003 silverado, so from what your are sayin they will plug direcly into my stock mirror harness and have the turn signles working, if by chance they are not power folding???

btw: Here is the link to the mirrors i have found.........http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/pts/1870029448.html

Yep theyll plug directly into your switch on your door panel. Almost all the interior electrical parts on these trucks are Plug & Play. And if they do have power folding you just need to either have a dealership flash your truck or you could just pick up a door switch from the escalade or denali. I see them go for about 40-50 on ebay all the time.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Yep theyll plug directly into your switch on your door panel. Almost all the interior electrical parts on these trucks are Plug & Play. And if they do have power folding you just need to either have a dealership flash your truck or you could just pick up a door switch from the escalade or denali. I see them go for about 40-50 on ebay all the time.
    Ok thank you sir

Legend

Blog Entries

Hi Zach...this is great info...does the same apply to the 2008 Sierra? My mirrors are the basic power ones (no turn signal indicators nor do they have power fold). I've been wanting to upgrade them, but was not sure if the powerfold/turnsignal would work in my vehicle.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    Cancel this question; I found out my answer. Thanks,
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 08-25-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals