GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New to Forum

Default New to Forum

I have to say, there is some great info here. It has been fun looking around. I love the fact you can ask how to get from point "A" to "B" and get 20 different answers.

I do have one question, ok maybe 2.

1st- what is the difference between a NBS and a NNBS? I got a 2007 Chevy Silverado, LTZ, 6.0 Max with a Southern Conversion "SS" package on it. (flowmaster exhaust, custom "SS" seats, Badging, Airaid CAI, 20" rims). I assume it is a NNBS, but who knows.

2nd- I am throwing on the Rough Country 3" leveling kit today, will take pics, and curious if anyone has some REAL insight for this kit. I ordered the new A arms and everything. I have read a number of threads but no real insight other than 50% like it and 50% hate and the last 50% got something different!!!

Thanks in advance

If you have an '07 Classic, it is the NBS (New Body Style). Your truck will look similar to the 2006. The NNBS (New New Body Style) is the current body from 2007-2011.
    As far as the leveling kit, I went with a different brand, so I can't really help you there. Mine was easy to install, just a spacer below and above struts, no replacement A-arms.
    I did have a front end alignment done afterwards, but turns out I didn't really need it because it was still within spec. Good luck!
    Last edited by troutbug; 08-28-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan