GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Taking off CHEVROLET emblem and Where to install a CB??

Anyone know if the Chevrolet emblem on the back liftgate is just on with adhesive on a 02 Trailblazer?
    Also, I'm working now in an industrial area-lots of truck traffic-it would help to stick an old Cobra CB I have had just lying around in my truck.....but I don't see a good spot to put it. Any ideas? Thanks

i'm pretty sure they are just 3m tape. not 100% sure but your best bet to get it off is use a guitar string to saw behind it (it's an old school trick)

The little gold bowtie is simply applied with double-sided tape. You can just pull off and use alcohol or goo-gone to remove the left-over adhesive. It leaves the silver colored bowtie, which is also only "stuck" on there, no bolts/screws.

The one on the grill IS bolted in. You have to remove the grill, then onbolt it from behind the grill.
    2003 Black Silverado LT extracab (tow vehicle): stock
    2007 Silverstone TrailBlazer SS:
    Eagle H-beam Forged Rods,Wiseco Forged pistons/rings,Kooks 1 3/4" & catted 3" Y,ATTITUDE Cam,NGK TR6 spark plugs,Scott's Wires,Melling 10296,Yank 3600,RPM Built Lvl VI ,VMS CAI,HSRK,ADM E-fans,160 Tstat,PCMforless Tune,Resonator delete,QTP e-cutout,Kbees and air bag drop,R1 Concepts Rotors,G2 Red painted calipers,Redline hood struts.Also,on the way ProchargerD1SC:glasses:

Mine is an '02 Trailblazer.......it has the word C H E V R O L E T which is about 10-12" long on the lower right-hand side of the liftgate. I know the newer ones have the gold bow-tie emblem in the middle.

Thanks for looking.

yea just use either wax string or fishing line under the chevrolet sign and saw it back and forth to remove it then use goo-gone to remove it. easy i debadged my entire TB even the side molding. im going more for the SS look

fishing line to remove the badges and install the cb in the centerconsole thats what my buddy did.