GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Default What did you do this summer? Summer Vacation!

    We did only one true summer trip this year. We spent a week in San Antonio and the Gulf Coast, it was wonderful and we're just now getting all of the sand out of everything.

    WHAT DID YOU DO THIS SUMMER?

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  2. #2
    Jr. Engineer
    groceryman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Week at myrtle beach with family it was all good
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Craig\My Documents\Downloads[/IMG]T Tuff Country Leveling Kit 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ 16x8 Moto Metal 951 Wheels Tow Mirrors Westin Winch Tray Pioneer Radio Blackout Bowtie Billet Grill Insert Gullwing Toolbox

  3. #3
    Legend
    murdog94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cloquet, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    8,198
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Worked a boatload of OT (not by choice but when your the low man on the team) and tried to take the boat out as much as possible.
    And worked on the house and my buddies houses, and broken trucks/cars etc.
    Plans for winter however: going to Nebraska in Jan (gonna do some snowmobiling with the family) and in March going to Arizona!!
    Mike

    Currently

    1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

    2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

    2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

    "Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

  4. #4

    Default

    Summers not over yet for us DINK's, vacation starts in a few more weeks, 1 1/2 weeks near Baltimore, Maryland with family at the beach.
    I'm looking forward to time off to relax and do a little surfing, fishing, sailing, and boogie boarding.
    Best of all the beach should be deserted with the kids back in school and mom & dad back at work so I wont have to hear all the comments like "mommy should that man be wearing speedos on the beach with his big belly and long back hair".

  5. #5
    Legend
    murdog94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cloquet, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    8,198
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Summers not over yet for us DINK's, vacation starts in a few more weeks, 1 1/2 weeks near Baltimore, Maryland with family at the beach.
    I'm looking forward to time off to relax and do a little surfing, fishing, sailing, and boogie boarding.
    Best of all the beach should be deserted with the kids back in school and mom & dad back at work so I wont have to hear all the comments like "mommy should that man be wearing speedos on the beach with his big belly and long back hair".
    HAAHA .. good one

  6. #6

    Default

    Built a deck on the house. Got a lot of use out of my truck. Looking forward to some time off in the Fall. Heading up to the Berkshires in MA for Labor Day.

  7. #7
    Master Mechanic
    lancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Farmersville, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    611

    Default

    we loaded up my family and my bro and sis in law and there family and drove to ormond beach in florida. nice drive from mid illinios to florida with 4 adults and 3 kids from ages 1, 2, and 4..........stayed a week went to sea world twice and disney and spent ALOT of time hangin out on the beach. it was the first time any of us have ever seen the ocean. was definetly a good summer trip.


    2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    we loaded up my family and my bro and sis in law and there family and drove to ormond beach in florida. nice drive from mid illinios to florida with 4 adults and 3 kids from ages 1, 2, and 4..........stayed a week went to sea world twice and disney and spent ALOT of time hangin out on the beach. it was the first time any of us have ever seen the ocean. was definetly a good summer trip.
    That sounds like good times!

    ---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Summers not over yet for us DINK's, vacation starts in a few more weeks, 1 1/2 weeks near Baltimore, Maryland with family at the beach.
    I'm looking forward to time off to relax and do a little surfing, fishing, sailing, and boogie boarding.
    Best of all the beach should be deserted with the kids back in school and mom & dad back at work so I wont have to hear all the comments like "mommy should that man be wearing speedos on the beach with his big belly and long back hair".
    Now I have a very distrubing image in my head.

    ---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Worked a boatload of OT (not by choice but when your the low man on the team) and tried to take the boat out as much as possible.
    And worked on the house and my buddies houses, and broken trucks/cars etc.
    Plans for winter however: going to Nebraska in Jan (gonna do some snowmobiling with the family) and in March going to Arizona!!

    I miss having a boat, maybe when the kids get a little older. I was fishing in the ocean by the time I was five, so I need to get moving to teach my kids how to really fish in open waters.

    ---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Built a deck on the house. Got a lot of use out of my truck. Looking forward to some time off in the Fall. Heading up to the Berkshires in MA for Labor Day.

    Let's see some photos of the new deck.

    ---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by groceryman View Post
    Week at myrtle beach with family it was all good
    Never been to Myrtle beach, maybe in a couple of years we'll head out that way for a vacation.

  9. #9
    Legend
    TRPLXL2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    3,368
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    TRUCK SHOWS!!!!!!!!

    Carlisle truck nationals
    Summit racing truck fest
    Canfield swap meet
    4 wheel parts jamboree
    Goodguys Columbus meet
    Stylin Concepts High low show
    Pinks All out, norwalk ohio

    I camped at most of them for 3-4 day weekends, and partied with some of the coolest truck people in the world! Next year I am going to try and go to SEMA in Vegas!

  10. #10
    Jr. Engineer 09Z71BLKBST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I got deployed... lol... Still deployed. Will be home in about a month, hopefully will have a little bit of summer fun before the snow starts...
    CHEVY TIL I DIE.
    2009 Silverado Z71 LT/5.3/Flowmaster 40 Series/Volant/Diablosport
    2006 Trailblazer 4X4 LS

    Past Rides:
    2001 GMC SIERRA 4x4 - Totaled
    99 Chevy Silverado 2x4 traded in

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Been a buisy summer!!
    By Doberman in forum Ultimate Truck Gear
    Replies: 17
    Last: 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM
  2. Show Your Summer 2010 Vacation Photos!
    By ChevyFan in forum Sports & Outdoors
    Replies: 5
    Last: 02-19-2011, 08:57 PM
  3. Demand for vehicles keeps GM plants open during traditional summer summer shutdown -
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
  4. this is what summer is all about
    By mehoff400 in forum Photo & Video Gallery
    Replies: 5
    Last: 07-01-2009, 10:31 PM
  5. Summer Vacation!
    By ChevyFan in forum Sports & Outdoors
    Replies: 15
    Last: 07-22-2008, 10:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •