GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Chevy Venture Transmission Problems

Just talked with a guy today who had a Chevy Venture with transmission problems. From reading it looks like there was a bad solenoid in the Venture that would cause bad shifting. Anyone have one of these?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I have an 06 Uplander and at 44,000 k i haven't had any tranny issues,but have had front end trouble almost since day 1 and have had problems with the brake rotors rusting.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Legend
    Blog Entries

The Venture used the 4T65E which is virtually the same as the Impala etc.. The trannies were "weak" to say the least, and the OD gear strips off, as well the the 3rd gear piston tearing, and the valve body filling with crap, oh and the differentials are prone to chipped teeth...
    I just had the one in the wifes car rebuilt... And after $2200 (warranty picked up some of the tab) i got to see all the failure prone parts, and the updates etc.. Trannie guys love these trannies.. which is NEVER a good sign, though they said with proper maint after the updates were installed it should last pretty much forever.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    The Venture used the 4T65E which is virtually the same as the Impala etc.. The trannies were "weak" to say the least, and the OD gear strips off, as well the the 3rd gear piston tearing, and the valve body filling with crap, oh and the differentials are prone to chipped teeth...
    I just had the one in the wifes car rebuilt... And after $2200 (warranty picked up some of the tab) i got to see all the failure prone parts, and the updates etc.. Trannie guys love these trannies.. which is NEVER a good sign, though they said with proper maint after the updates were installed it should last pretty much forever.
    Thanks for the info Mike.Do you know if this is the same transmission GM put in the 06 and up Uplanders?

Legend
    Blog Entries

I believe there are differences and updates since the 4T65E is mated to the series 2 and Series 3 motors, and i have the one that is bolted to the series two motor....

Here is hoping i have no problems with it for the next 3 years as thats how long we need to keep it before we buy a new Colorado.