GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Blog Entries

Default Can a stabilize bar inadvertantly be installed updside down on a 2008 Sierra?

I've searched high an low on here and can't seem to find any infomation regarding if a sway bar can be installed upside down. I just finished reinstalling the bar to my lower arms and mounted it back up to my frame, but it looks odd. I haven't torqued down the nuts/bolts yet or put my tires back on and lowered it. Before I went though that work, I thought I would check here first.

Does anyone know if there a way to tell if a sway bar is upside down or is it even possible?

Can you tell I am a "rookie?"

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Alot of lift kits for the '90 to '99 GM trucks had you turn the front swaybar upside down to work with the lifted truck. I've never had a NBS s/bar off so I can't tell you. Can you post a picture?

Legend

Blog Entries

Attached are some pics. The thing that looks odd is the angle of the flat end vs the angle of the place where it connects to the lower arm. Also, I did notice a distinguishing feature that is at the end of the flattend piece. There is a cut out that is only present on 1/2 of the edge. The other half is normal. If I could figure out if the cut out piece faces up or down, that should solve the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to look into!
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 09-26-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Legend

Blog Entries

Ok..I checked out another vehicle in a parking lot and the cut outs do face down...yes, that means I did install upside down. Ugh....