GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Well since the last one of these was posted I've changed job titles.
    I work for the oldest international Medical Equipment manufacturer in the U.S. and I wear multiple hats for the company.
    I'm the engineer, designer, and site scheduler for Hospital installed surgery theater, and communications systems for the Southwest area.
    Area supervisor for on-site equipment repair teams working in the Southwest and Caribbean areas.
    And Austin, TX territory manager (hopefully to be transfered back to DFW soon as the Fort Worth area site Manager)
    We manufacture, rent, repair, and install any hospital equipment you can think of.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    That sounds like a pretty nice gig actually.

I'm currently a student with a semester left until graduation. I've had part-time jobs here and there. Department of State Narcotics Affairs Section, USAID, Computer Support Technician, etc. Wanting to do work in federal law enforcement, international security, or anything similar.
    Its a whole lot better than the army was. Being a tank mechanic was a really good time. But here i work for 8 hours or 10hours at another facility, and im done. That is one of my favorite parts.
    The only real complaint is the swing shift, and the fact that i still get a power bill everymonth even though i work for the company
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Just dreaming,.............of a job.

doing what ever it takes to stay floating..lol

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Jr. Apprentice smokeyandthebandit's Avatar

Millwrights #2736 British Columbia.
    We would like to welcome you to the Millwrights, Machine Erectors and Maintenance Local Union 2736 Web Site. We are a Provincial Local Union that services all of British Columbia and Vancouver Island. Our office is located in Surrey, B.C.
    We are signatory to approximately 100 contractors that work in industries such as:

• Pulp and Paper
    • Hydro Electric
    • Power Generation
    • The Mining Industries

We have close to 500 members including 40 apprentices, consisting of:

• Certified Millwrights
    • Machinists
    • Welders
    • Apprentices

Millwrights Local Union 2736 was chartered in 1956 and is affiliated to the B.C. Provincial Council of Carpenters. For negotiating purposes we are included in the British Columbia Bargaining Council of Building Trade Unions (B.C.B.C.B.T.U.) and negotiate a standard agreement with Construction Labour Relations Association of British Columbia (C.L.R.A.).

About Us

Historically, the name Millwright meant a person who kept a mill in good working order. In those days the Millwright both designed and supervised the construction of all parts of the mill. In addition, it was usually the Millwright who installed and undertook major repairs to the mills' equipment and machinery.
    Today, work performed by Millwrights is far-reaching and generally associated with all major industries including:

• nuclear
    • solar power
    • space exploration

Today's Millwright is a generalist, someone with a solid general understanding of the construction and manufacturing processes, who can:

• communicate effectively with other tradespeople
    • work well in a team environment
    • has the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications, technical literature
    • adhere to work environment safety regulations

Today's Millwright also tests and/or troubleshoots completed work to ensure that it meets very exacting standards. The highly skilled Millwright is proficient in a wide range of duties involving the installation, repair and maintenance of machinery and related devices and systems.
    The Millwright Trade, through apprenticeship training and upgrading is positioning itself for the work of the future that will be significantly impacted by the introduction of new technologies. This will place an increasing emphasis on continuous skill development in more "high tech" skill areas including:

• pneumatic and hydraulic systems
    • robotics
    • electrical and electronic controls
    • optical alignment
    • preventive and predictive maintenance
    • vibration analysis
    • laser coupling alignment
    • quality control
    • and many, many more...
    Last edited by smokeyandthebandit; 11-02-2011 at 07:34 PM.

I provide custom wheelchairs for people with severe disabilities, brain and spinal injuries, and progressive diseases.
    2008 Silverado LT

I am a inclusion worker,which means i work with special needs children.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Its a whole lot better than the army was. Being a tank mechanic was a really good time. But here i work for 8 hours or 10hours at another facility, and im done. That is one of my favorite parts.
    The only real complaint is the swing shift, and the fact that i still get a power bill everymonth even though i work for the company
    LoL! Seems unfair doesn't it? And I feel you on the 8-10 hour days. Much better to have some structure.

Master Mechanic

i'm a natural gas tech for Atmos energy in IL. i do everything from read customer meters to installing new gas mains.

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

im a full time student, lookin to get my degree in mechanical engineering, contemplating on goin for the masters.

other than taking 15 hours every semester (full time), i repair and stain decks and fences. workin 35-40 hours a week in the south texas heat

its nothin glamorous, in fact i get hella dirty everyday, but it pays for the essentials haha

Army Network Admin (25B) and on the civilian side: web developer, network admin, IT consultant, etc.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by