GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It all comes down to the principle of it in the end. A lot of people would have just let them have the money, especially this far into the battle. I think that I would probably not be quite as motivated to spend as much time on it as you, but I think you are completely right in trying to get your money back. Sometimes we just have to put those companies in their place.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Wow.... that's b.s., Steve. Keep fighting. Honestly, I haven't had much luck staying ANYWHERE at Padre. I've mostly just rented beach houses but it's always something. Never just an easy, hassle free vacation. I hope it all works out, I'll stay away from Comfort the next time I make a trip to the island.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Nah-stay after them!
    They-crummy businesses-continue poor service because they don't pay a price for it.
    Post this everywhere.
    Part of the reason I boost La Quinta is they are so pet friendly, I want to reward them for it.
    If a company pulls CS like this they should be slammed.
    They ripped you off.
    Stay on them-their home office will eventually twist their arm and they will come thru with a refund.!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Legend

Blog Entries

If you are doing it for the right reasons (and seems you always do) then I say stick with it. If you are doing it for free stuff (they give you credit for one night, they give you a free weekend, etc....and with my limited knowledge of you I at least know you are not that type) then you would be doing it for the wrong reasons.

Get your money back.
    Inform the hotel itself that you are very dissatisfied because of something THEY did.
    Inform the hotel chain about the goings on and how the hotel deceived you. (looks good on paper, the more the location rents rooms, the better)
    Inform the public that this hotel is deceitful.

If I were any type of business owner I would appreciate and welcome honest and non-threatening information from customers telling me how their business dealings with my business was. If it was negative, why was it negative and who said what? etc etc..

Keep on with it if only to get your money back and let the hotel chain itself and the public know how you were treated there.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

I don't think that I've ever had a bad stay at a La Quinta, even the older ones they are all at least nice to you. I think the Comfort Suites does franchise deals and this guy is no good, they should stript his license away from him, IMHO.

Granted, I run a website that gets 3 million visitors per year, what about everyone else does doesn't have that luxury?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend
    Blog Entries

My wife an i have never stayed at a comfort and never will after reading this, odly we had a few hotels that we stayed at during our many trips from GA to MN, and Holiday was always generous, and willing with an on the spot Military Discount (usually 25% or more) and then there was actually a Super 8 in IL that was sweet, it was completely remodeled and was outfitted with all wood furnishings etc.. Just a nice touch! but good thing comfort isnt predominate up here either way!
    And keep on the fight that is the advantage of owning a web site that has 3million hits is you get to inform the public, and done right makes companies take notice and be sure that they treat every customer right since you NEVER know who you are dealing with!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12