GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2010 Sierra fog lights?? I have the spot on the dial but no lights, are the wires the

So I just got my 2010 Sierra nevada edition. Love it, but didn't want to opt for the factory fogs. Now there is the spot on my light wheel to turn non the fog lights and the dial goes to it and all. I'm wondering if the wireing for the lights would have been run but just no lights put it? How do I take the plastic covers off to check without damage?
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

My 07 and 09 silverados has the fog lamps as a push button on the interior light dimmer not the headlamp dial!

Mine is definatly on the dial I believe. symbol that looks like D\\ but the lines are coming from the center of the "lamp". My interior lamp dimmer/button just has a picture of the lightbulb with lines coming off of it.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

I searched this before to see about doing this on my truck. If I remember right, it said the relay and fuse are already installed in the fuse block, along with the wiring to the dashboard. All you had to do is purchase the kit that includes the fog lamps, dash switch, and harness to connect to the fuse block. As far as the dash switch goes, on my truck (2008 chevy) the fog lamp switch would be located beneath the dimmer switch. The one above the dimmer is the dome light cancel button. The headlight dial only has options for: completely off, automatic, parking lights, and headlights...in that order. Your truck may be different, but if not, I don't think it matters because the replacement switch that includes the fog lights and the headlight switch is all one unit together. Hope this helps.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan