GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: New Grille

Blog Entries

Talking New Grille UPDATED

One of the first mods many people do to their truck seems to be the grille, and the same went for me. I wanted to get a mesh style grill, but just could not justify the price of a entire grille shell. So I looked for the best deal on a horizontal-bar style grille, and found one on ebay that was made by a reputable guy, ordered it and had it shipped for under 50 bucks (to NY, not Hawaii haha). It did change the look of the Silverado quite a bit, but it always left me wanting more. Sooooooo, long story short-I have a real job now, and just ordered one of these for my birthday on Thursday!! Super excited about it, and I figured some of you might be in the same spot! The over-lay type grille was bought from California Auto on ebay (and i'll probably sell mine if anyone is interested), and the one that will be enroute soon in from Dash Z.

Here is what my girl looks like now:

And here is the grille that will be going on her soon!

Of course I will post pics of her new front end as soon as it comes, just thought I would share!
    Last edited by HawaiiKid; 10-04-2010 at 06:16 PM.

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Nice purchase, man. And happy birthday! Make sure you post pictures of your truck with the new grille once you get it installed. I would love to see the before and after shots.

Anyway, I'm glad you were finally able to get it. I can't ever seem to bring myself to pay so much for something that seems so simple. On the contrary, after-market grilles do a GREAT job of changing the look and personality of your ride. I think you made a good choice.

Legend
    Blog Entries

that will look very nice once you get it.. And X2 on posting up pics once you get her put on.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

The New Grill will look Great,.....and Happy Birthday to you.....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

yeah happy b-day man. id be interested int the one your taking off as long as shipping would kill it.......my zip is 17325, pm me
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

Nice. Is that grille ABS or aluminum?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    One of the first mods many people do to their truck seems to be the grille, and the same went for me. I wanted to get a mesh style grill, but just could not justify the price of a entire grille shell. So I looked for the best deal on a horizontal-bar style grille, and found one on ebay that was made by a reputable guy, ordered it and had it shipped for under 50 bucks (to NY, not Hawaii haha). It did change the look of the Silverado quite a bit, but it always left me wanting more. Sooooooo, long story short-I have a real job now, and just ordered one of these for my birthday on Thursday!! Super excited about it, and I figured some of you might be in the same spot! The over-lay type grille was bought from California Auto on ebay (and i'll probably sell mine if anyone is interested), and the one that will be enroute soon in from Dash Z.

Here is what my girl looks like now:

And here is the grille that will be going on her soon!

Of course I will post pics of her new front end as soon as it comes, just thought I would share!
    Well congratulations Happy Birthday and thats going to be a nice add on. I really like the grille you have currently on your truck, is this the site you got it from and prize http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...id=p2759.l1259 I also notice the one on your truck looks a little different from the picture but when you ordered it too did it have the same picture, because i really like the one you have on right now.
    2003 Silverado Extended Cab
    AEM Brute Force Intake
    PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
    Diablo Sports Predator Programmer
    Borla Stainless Steal Shorty Headers
    Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats
    Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Dual Split Side Exhaust
    20 inch OEM 5 Spoke Chrome rims with 305/50's
    2 12' Rockford Fosgate Subs w/ Kickers Tweeter's
    55 Watt 6K HID Lights

Looks good. Can't wait to see it on. Happy Birthday.

What's up with your bumper, or is it the pic? Looks like the passenger side sits a little low.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clgoch187 View Post
    yeah happy b-day man. id be interested int the one your taking off as long as shipping would kill it.......my zip is 17325, pm me
    I'll check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Nice. Is that grille ABS or aluminum?
    ABS, the real mesh ones are going for like 600+ if you can even find em

Quote Originally Posted by AL3X View Post
    Well congratulations Happy Birthday and thats going to be a nice add on. I really like the grille you have currently on your truck, is this the site you got it from and prize http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...id=p2759.l1259 I also notice the one on your truck looks a little different from the picture but when you ordered it too did it have the same picture, because i really like the one you have on right now.
    Thats it, but mine didn't have the shell on the outside of the grill, that crome strip that runs along the outer edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Looks good. Can't wait to see it on. Happy Birthday.

What's up with your bumper, or is it the pic? Looks like the passenger side sits a little low.
    It IS a little low, this pic exaggerates it but it is def off. Not sure how to fix it, but its been like that since I bought her.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, hasn't sent out yet but hoping it'll be here next week sometime.

when you ordered it did it have that same picture that you saw on the add but when you actually got the grille was it different
    because im thinking its the picture that might be different but is the same thing as yours.. thats y i was wondering if it had that same picture when you ordered it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by