GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default America's Best Places to Live

CNN does this survey each year to remind us how lousy we have it. I know Long Island will never make it to the list, but it's always fun to read. Anyone live in any of the top rated places to live?

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...010/index.html

not in the top 10...but my city Yorba Linda, Ca...was 38...so, top 40 is awesome!
    Mike - SoCal

07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift

08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22

Interesting post. I haven't lived in any of these places but I'm surprised by some of the Texas rankings. Not that any of the Texas cities are bad places by any stretch of the imagination, but I could think of much better cities in Texas as far as housing prices, quality of living, schools, environment, community closeness, etc. Alpine, Texas (which didn't even make the top 100) is one of the nicest places I've ever visited, for example.

Regardless, I took a trip to Rowlett, TX (number 24) a couple of weeks back with my father to meet one of his old classmates. When he lived there they certainly enjoyed it and my grandfather built the house that they lived in. The lake there is quite nice and there are several great looking hotels and marinas off some of the lake's "beaches". Like I said, a nice town but I there are many other towns that I would prefer to live in. Then again, it's all a matter of opinion!

Thanks for sharing.

I never gave it any thought to how they come up with the rankings. I bet that the final scores are close. To your point, it's subjective. I was impressed by the number of Minnesota and Texas cities.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I live in MN and honestly it is a nice place to live. The small town life can be better though. I live in a town of 13K people, went to school in a town of 2300 people. ANd i work in the City of Duluth, with a pop of 89K people.
    It is awsome to drive to work and have some of the nicest views in the country, and look at and fish on the largest freshwater lake in the world!!
    I have been all over and love it here, but i have been places that are just as nice... So as mentioned subjective.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    I live in MN and honestly it is a nice place to live. The small town life can be better though. I live in a town of 13K people, went to school in a town of 2300 people. ANd i work in the City of Duluth, with a pop of 89K people.
    It is awsome to drive to work and have some of the nicest views in the country, and look at and fish on the largest freshwater lake in the world!!
    I have been all over and love it here, but i have been places that are just as nice... So as mentioned subjective.
    Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    I would have to agree I love living in MN, and the fishing is great in all 10k lakes

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

I'm in MI and it's not what everyone thinks. There are bad places, but what state doesn't have bad places? I mean, we have Mackinaw Island, absolutely beautiful. We have Torch Lake, which was voted one of the most beautiful places on Earth! But, we also have Flint and Detroit. But Like everyone says, it's subjective and everyone has their opinion. I love Michigan, but there are many many many other absolutely beautiful places in the US. Hope people don't jump all over this, It's just my honest opinion.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I agree... and i might have to hit you up when we go out ridding in the UP this winter!!!

Haha My uncle loves riding his sled. He put something like 400 hundred miles on one of his in one day! I'm not a big rider, but I love to ride!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by