GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Leveling Kits

Default Leveling Kits

Hey Guys Im been thinking of a leveling kit. I was hoping to get some input from some of you that has installed or had one installed. Im wanting just a couple of inches of lift. I would appreciate any input you have.
    She aint much but shes mine.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...eling-kit-page

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...light=leveling

These links should help you out. Especially the second one (if I understand what kind of input you're looking for). Also, if you search through the "Suspension Tech" forum, you should be able to find a wealth of information about leveling kits. Try using the search tool for more specific inquiries, too. If you have any other questions or need any other information, please let us know.

not trying to ruin this for you but id stay away from the torsion key leveling kits. all the really do is hold the stock suspension at an extended point, usually almost bottomed out and it puts a lot of stress on the ball joints
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

Quote Originally Posted by clgoch187 View Post
    not trying to ruin this for you but id stay away from the torsion key leveling kits. all the really do is hold the stock suspension at an extended point, usually almost bottomed out and it puts a lot of stress on the ball joints
    hell I didn't know that, I will keep that in mind.
    08 Silverado
    crew cab
    5.3 L
    LT1 Z71
    Black on Black Leather
    Much Much more to come...
    soon as I get more $$$:money:

ChevyNewby, Bilstien make a adjustable front shock/strut for the NBS trucks that doesn't wear out the front suspension parts prematurely. It adjust from from stock up to 2.25".

This the kind of input I was looking for. I wondered about the stress on parts. I saw the show trucks one sunday and they actually showed lifting a truck with torsion keys for extra clearance. they never said anything about extra wear on parts. Thanks guys.
    She aint much but shes mine.

I installed my torsion keys over a year ago and couldn't be happier.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    ChevyNewby, Bilstien make a adjustable front shock/strut for the NBS trucks that doesn't wear out the front suspension parts prematurely. It adjust from from stock up to 2.25".
    I'll have my BILSTEIN levelling shocks on the front of my truck in 3 weeks.I'm also going to put a 2" readylift block in the back to replace the 1" stock block.I didn't want to screw up the suspension and possibly my warranty by putting the spacers on the springs.My BILSTEINS also carry a lifetime warranty.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"