GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well guys after everybodys thoughts and help, I have tried all the suggestions. I still can not get a reading or find a drain. This should be a simple procedure. Guess I may have to resort to the unthinkable. Admit defeat and take it to the dealer. Any way thank you all for your help and if you get any more thought please let me know.

Legend
    Blog Entries

NO offense but if it only goes dead after sitting for a month i really wouldnt worry about it and if you know it is going to be sitting id take the 2minutes to disconnect the battery. I honestly wouldnt want to spend the money at a dealer for a couple minutes of my time.
    But if you do take it in let us all know what the deal was.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I know this doesn't solve your leak problem, but when I still had my BelAir, I had a float charger hooked up to it. When I stopped driving it everyday, the battery just wouldn't hold a charge after a few weeks. I would try to drive it once a month, but I had to keep jumping it. I then bought a rather inexpensive float charger and hooked it up permanently in the engine compartment.That way all I had to do was unplug the quick connect and drive off. It maintained the battery while it sat, and I didn't have to jump it anymore. It also came with clamps if you didn't want to leave it hooked up all the time.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Did you check the fuse in your meter? If that's blown, you won't get a reading either.
    What d'ya mean booze ain't food?!

OK guys after all your help I have to give you my latest findings. My two buddies and I spent 2 hours trying to figure this drain out. First the reason I could not cet a reading with the multimeter was that the fuse was blown in the meter not just one of my meters but both meters!!! What are the chances of that?? So I here is what we came up with. In the rear cargo area there is a set of two lights on the ceiling with push switches and one of the switches was broken and the light seems burned out. I unhooked that whole unit. Still have a draw and traced it to a clicking sound uner the dash by the stearing column. It is a big silver colored box eith many wires plugged into it. When I put my hand on it I could feel it clicking. Have not figured out what it is as of yet. I smacked it a couple of times and it quit and my draw seems to have stopped. The part number is 15049679. I have no idea what it is but suspect it is the delay timer for power locks and interior lighting. I will call the dealer tomorrow to have them look it up and tell me what it is. On the internet I can look up the part number but no picture or discription. The price on one internt sight for that part was 300.00. OUCH!! Thanks again guys for all your thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12