GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help? Blinker flashing

Just bought a 1994 Chevy Silverado and left back blinker and brake light don't work. I tried flashers everything works but nothing in the back left blinker and brake light. Also front left blinker flashes fast but with flashers on it doesn't. I checked the bulbs, they're fine. Even replaced them and problem still persists.

Any other suggestions?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Sounds like your tail light circut board has had it.. They are $15-$30 for new ones.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Sounds like your tail light circut board has had it.. They are $15-$30 for new ones.
    Are those hard to put in? Is that in the circuit the inside of the taillight?

Legend
    Blog Entries

You tail light and the circut board are two differnt pieces, the circut board you have to remove to replace a bulb so you disconnect the harness and swap the bulbs into the new holder (circut board) and your done.. about a 10min job.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

You tail light and the circut board are two differnt pieces, the circut board you have to remove to replace a bulb so you disconnect the harness and swap the bulbs into the new holder (circut board) and your done.. about a 10min job.
    Makes sense. That's what the plug goes into. That has the bulbs. Very easy then! =)

Well, Friday when I get a chance I will pull my other tail light and plug it in on that side to see if it works. If it does, then we know for sure its the circuit board.

Thank's. I will keep you guys updated! =)

Sigh.

I didn't get a chance to check out what I previously stated but noticed tonight when I turn lights on that while in park with lights on the break light or tail lights don't come on... On either side!

:(

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well i would start cleaning connections and check the ground. the connection and the ground are both by the spare tire in the rear. Also it is possible that you have bad circut boards but start with cleaning and go from there.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Well i would start cleaning connections and check the ground. the connection and the ground are both by the spare tire in the rear. Also it is possible that you have bad circut boards but start with cleaning and go from there.
    I put the other tail light on the side where seemed no power and nothing happen. So I know it's not circuit board. Has to be ground somewhere. Also does it matter, I noticed on some forums that people said something about towing lights on it. It has a towing connection on back, should I check anything on that?

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Also, I checked the fuses inside my truck. Is there fuses under the hood of my truck as well? If so, I cannot find them anywhere!

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MurtherX View Post
    I put the other tail light on the side where seemed no power and nothing happen. So I know it's not circuit board. Has to be ground somewhere. Also does it matter, I noticed on some forums that people said something about towing lights on it. It has a towing connection on back, should I check anything on that?

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Also, I checked the fuses inside my truck. Is there fuses under the hood of my truck as well? If so, I cannot find them anywhere!
    Update - So I was outside messing around under it where the ground was and found a black ground that went to nothing (from towing cable) so I hooked it up to a ground and nothing came on. So there was another cord inside where the tailight comes down that was black and hanging I hooked it up and nothing happen. But now when I try right blinker it blinks fast (nothing appears) and now nothing works on the back! LOL.. wtf...

I'm thinking a fuse is blew. But I have no idea where. I looked under dash all are good from what it seems. I see nothing under the hood that holds fuses.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I would remove the towing harness connector and just plug the lights in straight together...
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Sr. Apprentice

I agree trailer wiring is always a place of suspect. If you still have no luck check on the left frame rail roughly below the brake master cylinder. The tail light wiring is run in a loom on top of the frame. It is held to the frame with a metal retainer that can rub throught the conduit and provide an unwanted ground.
    Been there, done it, got the T-shirt. Got the T-shirt dirty doin it again. Learned not to wear my good T-shirts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast