GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Suburban Repair Manual Online

Does any one have a link to a Suburban repair manual online? I have a 99 Suburban 1500 with a power steering leak, trying to find out exactly what part is leaking and how to replace those parts. Thanks

If they are still there, Autozone had a free online version of Chiltons on their website. You might have to register with the site to access it.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

I know it costs them a lot, but libraries with sufficient demand can subscribe to online manuals. Especially if you live in a larger city, you might check with your local public library and see if that is a resource available to you.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Found the problem. The high pressure line coming from the power steering pump had a few holes. My question now is how can I tell if it's a hyrdo boost line or a conventional line?