GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

Default Suspension for 2000 Silverado 1500 5.3L 4x4

Ok, i've browsed and browsed and have mixed emotions here. In the title is what i own which can been seen in my sig, i'm torn on what options i have for the lifting i want to do. I basically want to get some more clearance for snow plowing and thats about all i need the clearance for. plus i live in the city as a cop i ALWAYS have to report to work when it snows so the clearance will come in handy then also since they suck at clearing the streets in Philly. I was researching the 2", 3", and 4" lifts. I can see the 4" is going to run me around a 1000 which is considerably higher then the other options. I just don't want to get a 4" lift and my truck look silly with 265/75/16's and i don't need heavy off-road monster tires because i don't wanna have to up the gears and loose gas mileage. I dunno, i wish there was someone out there with a LOAD of knowledge and i could discuss this with real quick and find my pros and cons and make a decision. If anyone has alot of experience in this field (suspensions) please contact me, i'm fully willing to make a long distance phone call also given your in the US

I would recommed the Skyjacker 3" suspension lift. This is a real suspension lift, not a leveling kit. One nice thing about that kit is you DO NOT have to drop the front differantal to install this kit. If you go with a 4" kit you have to drop the front differantal. The largest tire Skyjacker recommeds is a 285 (32") and you can run your stock wheels. Most kits 4" up have to use aftermarket wheels because the stock wheels would hit the longer(taller) steering knuckles to come in the lift kits. Also this kit comes with new longer shocks. The kit part # is C9461K. Try 4WheelOnLine for a price. Your 265/15-16's won't look bad with this lift. We did several of these kits and the customers were happy.