GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2000 chevy pick up

i have a 2000 model chevy pick 1500 and it's not idleling and the abs light is on anyone know what could be wrong with the idleling ?

Welcome to the club. I would take off the throttlebody and clean both sides with throttlebody cleaner (DON'T use carb cleaner). Also clean the IAC valve with the cleaner. Then clean the MAF sensor with CRC MAF cleaner, its in a silver can. DON'T touch the MAF internal wires, just spray them with the MAF cleaner.

Default got a idel problem 2000 chevy 1500

anyone know anything about idleling my truck want idel and they are ABS light on

hey thanks i will try that .

Legend

*Threads merged*

Lonnie,

Is this the flood vehicle you're talking about?
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...0-chevy-pickup
    With an engine running as poorly as yours is you should have a check engine light on. Have you had the codes read?
    Even if you can't get the vehicle to a shop to read the codes you can rent a scanner from somewhere like autozone.

Read the codes and get back to us.
    If this is regarding your flood truck you should really give us all the info you can so that we can help you. Otherwise people will keep making suggestions and you may or may not try them. But the end result is that you'll be running around changing/adjusting/cleaning things that may not need to be messed with.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

yes this is the flood truck and i did clean the MAF sensor and it is idelin better now i also used seafoam .running good and there is a check engine light on i had it put on a machine .they replaced a box under the dash .now i have a problem with the odmeter going crazy and have any ideals what that could be ?

Legend

How long since has this truck had to dry out?

What kind of flood waters was this truck in? (Ocean, freshwater, sewage...etc)
    If it's ocean water the salt will wreak havoc on electrical contacts creating shorts. Actually any flood water will leave minerals that will create shorts.

Shouldn't your insurance be covering your repairs? If so, just send it into the shop and let them get everything taken care of.
    Easier than driving yourself nuts looking for all the different problems.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

it came from the nashville flood we bought it off a dealer ,fresh water is what it was . just having problem with a few things .any help is appreciated.
    we did have it put on a computer they changed the clusters under the dash .might be a bad one i'll check it agian thanks for the help/