GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Driver Information Center -- Should I push dealer..?

I recently (about two weeks ago..) purchased a 2010 Silverado LS (4x2). It's not a base model but it's also not top of the line so I had just accepted the fact that I didn't have the DIC and was planning on eventually installing it since it's relatively cheap and easy.

However, I was just cleaning out my glovebox and noticed that I had my original window sticker. The window sticker says that my truck should have come with the Driver Information Center but I certainly don't have it.

It also says "Deluxe Roof Console" which I don't think I have.. I just have the map lights and airbag indicators, nothing "deluxe" about it.

Should I go back to the dealer and see if I can possibly get these addition features that I apparently paid for and did not receive installed?

Legend
    Blog Entries

I would at least go try and find out.. And if it is on the window sticker i would complain...
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Does anybody know what the Deluxe Roof Console would be? I've searched here and the Internet in general and don't see anything about it.. before I go complain about it I would like to know what I'm complaining about. I've wanted the DIC ever since I read about it on here, so I will almost certainly be complaining about it, but the Roof Console isn't really that important.

Be careful with how you interpret what the sticker says. I was looking at mine a few days ago and also noticed that it listed something about the Driver Information Center. When I paid a bit more attention, though, I realized that it actually said "Driver Info Center Display". It's subtle, but I think that just refers to the fact that you have the dash display that will show you the DIC information but it doesn't mean that your truck came with the actual DIC buttons. At least, that's how I see it. Your sticker may say something different, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    Be careful with how you interpret what the sticker says. I was looking at mine a few days ago and also noticed that it listed something about the Driver Information Center. When I paid a bit more attention, though, I realized that it actually said "Driver Info Center Display". It's subtle, but I think that just refers to the fact that you have the dash display that will show you the DIC information but it doesn't mean that your truck came with the actual DIC buttons. At least, that's how I see it. Your sticker may say something different, though.
    X2 on that. Mine actually says "Driver Information Center", without "display", but it was the same deal. You still have limited access to it through the odometer stem, but I wanted to be able to change my door lock settings and monitor the tire pressure. The manual actually gives instructions for using the DIC "with and without DIC buttons", so it must all be considered DIC.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Rockweiler View Post
    Does anybody know what the Deluxe Roof Console would be? I've searched here and the Internet in general and don't see anything about it.. before I go complain about it I would like to know what I'm complaining about. I've wanted the DIC ever since I read about it on here, so I will almost certainly be complaining about it, but the Roof Console isn't really that important.
    * goto: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
    * input your VIN
    * that'll give you a readout of the RPO codes (items which should be on the truck, from the factory)

Browse through those codes... see if either the DIC or the Deluxe Roof Console is listed. If so, you got a legitimate beef with GM (via the dealership that sold the truck to you).

Also, if those RPO codes are listed on the VIN readout (see link above)... check the STICKER (typically inside, to the bottom of the glove box). If those RPO codes are not listed there... hmmm? But if they are listed there, you should get no argument from the GM dealership!