GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Hunting Season 2010 - 2011 - Who's going?

Let's get this thread cranking, who's going hunting this year and what are you going hunting for?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I have never hunted before but I plan to this year with a bow. I recently moved waaay out in the country...Pretty much in the middle of some blueberry farms. If you ever go to a Whole Foods store and buy blueberries...chances are they came from within a 5 mile radius of my house.

Anyways we have a pond and deer always come right up to the back of it...We can see them from the kitchen table.
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LS K1500
    1991 Chevrolet S10 4.3L 4x4
    2005 Suzuki Forenza (GM/Daewoo)

I definitely have the itch...its so close. I am an avid hunter, I hunt deer with a rifle and muzzleloader. This year I am trying to get back into bow hunting since I never had enough time in college to do so, but 1st I have to pick out a bow (very tough decision by the way). I also like to get out there and jump some ponds for ducks.
    Anyone hunt coyotes? I'm thinking about doing that over the winter, but I have never done so.

Everyone should post pics of this years trophies.

Adriyn-Minnesota
    2011 Chevy Silverado LT
    1998 Cadillac SLS (loaded) - sold
    1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 - sold

I've already started. Went dove hunting over Labor Day weekend at my deer lease. Between me and my hunting buddy, we took 77 doves over three days. I already have my feeders going for the deer and the game camera is giving me good promises.

There is another thread in this forum for trophy pics, so check it out and post up some pics of your previous or current trophies.
    Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

Legend
    Blog Entries

Small Game opener i think next weekend (i dont keep to close of track anymore) and that is for rabbit, and Ruffled Grouse (partridge) and then I do Rifle Deer in November.. Time to get ready for that. WOOOHOOOOO
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by My99Silverado View Post
    I definitely have the itch...its so close. I am an avid hunter, I hunt deer with a rifle and muzzleloader. This year I am trying to get back into bow hunting since I never had enough time in college to do so, but 1st I have to pick out a bow (very tough decision by the way). I also like to get out there and jump some ponds for ducks.
    Anyone hunt coyotes? I'm thinking about doing that over the winter, but I have never done so.

Everyone should post pics of this years trophies.
    Heck yeah coyotes are great! You have an open season and you can shoot them whenever you want. Its also amazing to watch and listen to them respond to a good distress call. they'll come right to ya

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Went opening day for dove and got my limit. Not much of a deer hunter, but do enjoy duck hunting in the swamps of NC! I will be sure to post up some pics of any ducks I get this year.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Jr. Engineer

We're all getting ready for the archery opener here. We hunt dove, deer (bow, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol), pheasant, duck and geese. We try to get out as much as possible and do enjoy the fruits of our labor. We do want to do some coyote as we can use rifles for them on private land. Just gotta score some private land.
    Plainfield, Illinois
    2010 1500 Series Extended Cab LT Z71 4X4
    2011 Cruze LTZ
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    Hunt-Fish-Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I've already started. Went dove hunting over Labor Day weekend at my deer lease. Between me and my hunting buddy, we took 77 doves over three days.
    You werent the one over there near Frisco stirring up the neighbors in that new subdivision that just found out they built their houses right in the middle of an area thats still zoned and leased for Dove hunting were you?

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonT View Post
    I have never hunted before but I plan to this year with a bow. I recently moved waaay out in the country...Pretty much in the middle of some blueberry farms. If you ever go to a Whole Foods store and buy blueberries...chances are they came from within a 5 mile radius of my house.

Anyways we have a pond and deer always come right up to the back of it...We can see them from the kitchen table.
    go to home depot and buy some sheet rock chances are it came about 500yards from my house lol i live in the middle of nowhere also haha as for me hunting this year deer rabbit and cyote

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by