GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Hey

Default Hey

I'm Sean from Columbus, Ohio. I am currently a student at Columbus State in the Law Enforcement Program and work part time at UPS loading trucks. My Aunt and Uncle are giving me their old 1993 Suburban that needs some work but the way I figure is it will be cheaper than buying a used car so I am going to fix it and in a few years make it my off road week end toy.

It needs a new fuel pump and filter new tires and battery and all fluids flushed since it has been sitting for the past 3 years

That sounds like a great little project, Sean! Congrats on the gift and welcome to the site! Other than those first few essentials, what else do have planned for it?

Welcome to the GMTC. Sounds like a pretty good deal and you've come to the right place for any information. There are a lot of 'Burb owners on here.
    2002 Chevy 1500 Ex-cab Z71: 5.3L, auto 4, shorties, hi-flow cats, true dual 2.5" straight pipes, AirAid intake, TBS, Platinum plugs, 8.5mm wires, programmer, 3in w/ 33s, also has the composite bed

2010 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71 w/ All Terrain package: 5.3L, auto 6, 2" Zone leveling kit, AirAid Jr. Intake Kit

Future plans are : 6 inch lift with 35 inch tires. With a 383 or a built 350 something with more power. Also new paint and body work not a fan of white with purplish pink graphics on the side maybe go grey or black on that.
    Sean-Columbus Ohio
    1993 Suburban (Work in Progress)

Hi! Start a thread on all your work.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Legend

Blog Entries

Congrats on your new ride/project! Welcome!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the club, Sean.

Jr. Engineer

Welcome to the club. Sounds like a great project. Like KWG said, you're in the right place.
    Plainfield, Illinois
    2010 1500 Series Extended Cab LT Z71 4X4
    2011 Cruze LTZ
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    Hunt-Fish-Shoot

I am going to get the money to fix it after I get done paying tuition and I will have a build thread with a ton of questions

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by