GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Time to Put up the boat or do some fall Fishing??

Just seeing whos still out doing what? I have put my boat away for the winter since the fishing this summer was just horrible, and figured its time to pull out the winter toys anhow.. Just wondering whos still doing what for fishing, and or whos switching to hunting mode?
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Blog Entries

Both of my uncles and my Dad and I have been fishing pretty much every weekend. We've been doing good trolling one of the small lakes up here since we've all limited out pretty much each time we've gone out there, but otherwise it has been pretty bad here this year as well. I shouldn't complain though since I myself have 9 fish in the freezer, and dad's got about 20. Gotta get a new pan for our smoker so we can smoke some. All rainbow trout, and I think the biggest one is about 14 inches and the smallest is about 10.

Tomorrow (weather permitting) I'll probably do a bit of a hike or a ride, depending on my mood. I wanted to today, but my body was just too damn lazy, lol. It's nice having a "vacation", but man do I wish I was working right now because I am BORED!
    Last edited by Jimmeh; 09-15-2010 at 12:44 AM.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I'll be pulling the boat out soon (hopefully) for some fall fishing. My dad & I didn't get any in this summer...that oil spill really had us disgusted and it's just too damn hot! I'd rather be out there in the fall anyway.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Growing up in the Northwest, we always quit fishing at Labor day, and didn't go again until springtime. There are a few ice-fishing episodes, but that's pretty much the rule for us, try to catch and freeze enough during the summer to last until spring.

Now that I'm down in the South, I don't see why I shouldn't be on a boat catching something until even early December, just as long as the weather is good. Start up again in March. I've not done that recently, but that's just part of living in the south.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

getting the raceboat ready for clearwater FL and then orange beach AL after that its ON at the world championship in KW FL nov. !!!!!!

SO LETS ALL BE THERE...lol I hope i win..hehehe

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

See some of our winter toys are the Ice fishing gear..