GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Sticker Questions

Hey i was just wondering if stickers and decals that are applied to windows are totally removable or not? Even residues or marks? If someone could help me out that would be great! Thanks!!

When I worked at the shop I had a big BFGoodrich and Warn decals on my rear windows. When I removed them after a few years it did leave a residues at first but that did come off little by little in a few months.

Most of it will come off. Depending on the decal material - paper decals will clean up with soap n water, vinyl will take something a little stronger.

I have always peeled what I can, then used a razor blade or push knife to get the big stuff. A little penatrating oil will loosen most vinyl glues, but could also stain your paint and rubber goods. Silicone spray works pretty well, too. The silicone will actually get between the glue and surface to break the bond. Clean the residue of the those products with glass cleaner.

STB mentioned the decals on the windows - I have found that, on aftermarket tint, the decal protects the tint from UV, and will remain dark under where the decal was. That's in the tint, and won't come out.

Good luck,

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Quote Originally Posted by 763chev View Post
    Hey i was just wondering if stickers and decals that are applied to windows are totally removable or not? Even residues or marks? If someone could help me out that would be great! Thanks!!
    Don't you know that decals and stickers make the car go faster? Just ask the ricers .
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Razor blades and windex did the trick on the decals i had on my back window.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I always just used a razor blade to get the stickers and residue off..Then squeegeed the window to clean it up..
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

i used rubbing alcohol and it got all the residue off nicely

1997 GMC Sierra SLT
    Debadged/demolded, Billet Grille, JBA s/s shorty headers, Magnaflow true duals, Magnaflow cats, K & N FIPK, Stainless nerf bars, Drop Center bumper, RCX 4" lift, XD Hoss Black, 33" DC Mud Country, Bushwacker flares, Black Bear tuned

I got this stuff called rapid remover from a decal shop. Its awesome, its a citrus based product so its safe to use on the paint also for removing any sticky stuff left over from removing emblems and such from your ride!
    Richey
    2010 Taupe Gray Silverado
    Many extras to come