GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Cold air intake for 2010 sierra V6

Hello,

I am in desperate need to squeeze out as much HP/ torque out of my god aweful v6 (biggest mistake I ever made) its a 2010 GMC sierra WT and I just purchased a 6x12 trailer and need all the help I can get.

I cant seem to find a CAI for the V6 version. It looks like the same airbox as the V8 but im sure they are not the same? Or could I use the 4.3 v8 CAI for the V6?

I know I cant expect a world of difference but anything to help this poor truck. everytime i get in my truck I live with the mistake of not getting a V8 lol :(

Any Insite? Thanks!

Airaid has a kit part # 200-244. It is a cold airbox only, no intake tube. I checked Volant, AFE, K&N, Banks and the Airaid is the only one I found. I'll check AEM and GreenFilter.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

AEM and GreenFilter show nothing. K&N does make a stock replacement filter part # 33-2129.

thanks for your quick reply!

airaid has a "U-Build it" system, could I possibly use that to builld my own intake?

i understand that the stock air tube has ridges that create turbulence in the intake, will their airbox help or should I continue looking for a full kit?

Thanks!

I've never used one of the U-build it kits so I can't honestly say. If your have good mechanical skills than I'm sure you could make one from the U-build kit. Have you tried GMPerformanceParts? I know they make kits for the V-8 trucks. Also theres a company called TrueFlow.

I've seen them in the accessory section on my dealers website,so i'm sure GM makes one for your V6.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I cant find anything on gm parts club maybe im blind?

"I've seen them in the accessory section on my dealers website,so i'm sure GM makes one for your V6"

Can you possibly get a part number? I went to gms website and they only have catback exhaust under performance and googling it doesnt come up with anything.

im going to call Airaid later today and see what they say about the ubuldit kit

I looked on PacePerformance.com website and it said the Volant part # 153536 would fit the V-6 and V-8"s????? Volants website didn't show one for the V-6. Maybe a phone call to Volant would help clairify.