GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Had a nice Camper,A Honda ATV THEN I got married... :( Now I have A big Tent, A Canoe and an Av (Avalanche) But I still go camping every year most in NJ and Pa areas..The first weekend in May every year for the past 20 years I go with 40-60 friends (Old Scout Pack) We go kayaking/Canoing down the Wadding river in South Jersey..

Ps I will be posting this trip as it gets closer if anyone wants to go... A fun weekend in the NJ Pine Barrens..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I go hunting and flyfishing. In order to do those things I am camping. I do not intentionally go JUST CAMPING. I am flyfishing all over mostly the CA sierra's. I do a lot of still water flyfishing. I flyfish davis lake, pyramid lake, eagle lake and a few doze others. I mostly camp lake side right next to the water. It is pretty freakin awesome being parked next to the lake 10 feet away. Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Coyotes, Beaves, rainbow trout rising a foot from shore,,,,it is all pretty sweet. I use a wheelchair and stillwater flyfish from a kayak. My new rig for doing this is a 2010 GMC Savana Van AWD. I can slide my kayak in, I built a platform bed with a comfy memory foam mattress. It is my lake front property on wheels. Whithout my rig I can not do these things. Here's some pics of my rig where I camp at davis Lake.

The Vehicle that gets the job done.

Fishing/Camping Pyramid Lake, NV
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Higgins/Houghton Lake northern michigan .. tents camped and brought up pontoon and jet ski ! Fishing and Beer Good Times.

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    That looks beautiful. Being able to camp right out there like that is a great opportunity.

Legend
    Blog Entries

X2 on what Vince said. And i dont go camping just to camp either i go to a lake, and am camping as a result of the fishing trip. Im actually getting my boat out now and read to go!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Master Mechanic

I'm taking the new camper and the quads down to sand lake in oregon in two weeks, can't wait!

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

Quote Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
    I had a week off in late June, went up to Arkansas and did a little camping at the Norfork River, along with some trout fishing. I did more camping on my best friend's couch that week than I did outside! Definitely planning for some more in November for sure, and once the weather cools down a bit here I'll hit the trails again for a few overnighters. Just been a hot summer...I say that every year!
    Just passed through the Norfork area this morning... The weather is cool now... My truck was covered with sleet around 11:00 am and I was told that a little snow was seen after I left. The trip was work related so I didn't even get a chance to drift some flies. So if it is cool weather you are waiting for... now is the time. You will even have your choice of camping spots!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBye View Post
    Just passed through the Norfork area this morning... The weather is cool now... My truck was covered with sleet around 11:00 am and I was told that a little snow was seen after I left. The trip was work related so I didn't even get a chance to drift some flies. So if it is cool weather you are waiting for... now is the time. You will even have your choice of camping spots!
    The earliest I'll be able to get back up there will be March...my next week off. I've been missing it up there a lot, lately. My friend sent me some pics of a float trip on the Mulberry River...I'm starting to get the itch again...

By the way, to keep the post going, I just got back from a trip to the Smoky Mountains last month. Camped for 4 nights in the park at Elkmont and backpacked on the AT for a couple of days...perfect time of year!
    Last edited by troutbug; 12-06-2011 at 12:08 AM.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Sadly, I was only able to squeeze in one trip this year to Mt. Diablo, CA. Not a bad spot! It was our fisrt trip in the new(ish) truck! There was lots of hiking around our site, and not too many people on our side of the mountain. the trip to the peak was pretty cool as well, especially with the museum at the top about the history of the mountain and surrounding area. With any luck we'll get a few trips in next summer in Mt. Charelston by Las Vegas, NV. Lookin forward to heading back to my ol' stompin grounds!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac