GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Winter Sports, Who does what?

Quote Originally Posted by rip5164 View Post
    Haven't had the boat out much this season although we will probably make a fall muskie trip in a few weeks to finish off our year. It's hard to stay in fishing mode with deer season coming up. Ice fishing is on the agenda so Mike we might be contacting you in late January to "hook" up.
    Sounds good to me. I invite anyone who gets up this way. If i have the day off im all about going out on the lake.. But i still love to snowmobile and have fun with the winter toys while i watch my tip-ups from my sled at 90mph! LOL
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Sounds good to me. I invite anyone who gets up this way. If i have the day off im all about going out on the lake.. But i still love to snowmobile and have fun with the winter toys while i watch my tip-ups from my sled at 90mph! LOL
    Ya know I've ridden or driven just about everything you could imagine (some better than others) but I've never rode a snowmobile, they look like a blast, I've gotta make a trip to the snow this year and ride snowmobiles.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Ya know I've ridden or driven just about everything you could imagine (some better than others) but I've never rode a snowmobile, they look like a blast, I've gotta make a trip to the snow this year and ride snowmobiles.
    Come on up... weve got everything from a little 120cc kids sled to a 800CC 180Hp mountain sled.... And those are all fun to mess around on while the fishing gear sits waiting for a bite.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Come on up... weve got everything from a little 120cc kids sled to a 800CC 180Hp mountain sled.... And those are all fun to mess around on while the fishing gear sits waiting for a bite.
    <getting off topic> - Someone start a winter sports thread! We probably need to rename this forum to Sports & Outdoors or something to keep it going year round.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Winter Sports, Who does what?

Alright it has occured to me and been brought up that we needed a thread something along these lines.
    Who does what in the winter?
    I snowmobile, and Ice Fish, and work. those are the three things that i am doing since -20degrees isnt really conducive to sunbathing
    so just wondering who is doing what for the cold season, and where it is white and cold whats on the agended.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

I'm going to preface this with "I used to" since my daughter just turned two, it's hard to get out anymore.

Ski and snowboard mostly. Used to rent a house with friends at Killington, VT. Have snowshoed and snowmobiled a few times. My favorite was snowmobiling outside of Jackson Hole. They gave us the keys and a map and said "bring it back in one piece". We almost didn't live up to that last part, but the sledding was awesome, open fields and trails everywhere. Now, I'm hopeful my daughter will take up skiing in the next year or so.

snowmobile, ice fish, and whipping sh**ies in parking lots. ive tried snowboarding and skiing but its to hard on my knees. Other wise i just like to go out and throw snowballs for the dogs, its funny watching them try and find them in a yard full of snow.

In Texas its a little difficult to get into too many snow sports. I played hockey for a bit as a younger kid and really enjoyed that. I also took a few trips up to the Northwest when I was younger to do some snowboarding (my favorite). Here in Texas, I like to drive my truck through the snow when we get it. That's about all I can do here. Haha. I imagine some of you are thinking I'm crazy. You all who get snow frequently probably hate having to go out in it daily.

I ski every chance I get, unfortunately thats only about twice a year for a week at a time
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX