GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Tranny cooler

Hybrid View

Question Tranny cooler

I have a 2010 Suburban with the 5.3l V8, 6 speed auto. The Suburban came with a tow package but I am curious as to whether or not it has a trannsmission cooler. Are tranny coolers standard now, or should I add one on?

Thanks.

For the 2010 Suburban there is an auxiliary transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil, available on all trim levels. It is included and only available with (K5L) Heavy-Duty Trailering Package on 1/2 ton models. It is included on all 3/4 ton models. I would be happy to look into the build of your vehicle to let you know if you have this option. If you would like me to look into this for you, you can send me your VIN for the vehicle within a private message. If you have further concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    For the 2010 Suburban there is an auxiliary transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil, available on all trim levels. It is included and only available with (K5L) Heavy-Duty Trailering Package on 1/2 ton models. It is included on all 3/4 ton models. I would be happy to look into the build of your vehicle to let you know if you have this option. If you would like me to look into this for you, you can send me your VIN for the vehicle within a private message. If you have further concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
    Thanks Tricia this is what I was trying to ask. After doing some research this morning I discovered that I only have the 3.08 gear ratio which answered my question no I do not have the K5L trailering package. So heres my next question, is there anything else I can do to up my towing weight with this gear ratio? I know its a weak ratio but Im stuck with it now.

Blog Entries

it's never a bad idea to add one. follow the trans cooler lines up to the front of the engine bay and see if it goes into the radiator side tank or it goes to an external cooler. might as well flush the external cooler if it has one.
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)