GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Post Automatic Tranny Shifts From 1 to 2 are pretty firm.

I recently took my 04 Silverado to the dealership cause my when transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd I can feel the firm shifts. It makes my truck feel slow and slugish. They ran a diagnoses. They found nothing, the vehicle was test driven and found to be operating correctly at all times. Fluid was checked and found at correct level and in good condition. No leaks present, no DTC;s were found either, and vent tube dry indicating transmission has not been getting hot at all. What now. Does my tranny need a shift kit, I just don't know. Any info would be appreciated.

I had a similar issue, I would suggest getting the transmission flushed and getting the fluid changed. That's what I did for mine and the problem went away almost immediately after.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I had the transmission flushed about a year ago at a different dealership. Unless they actually didn't do it because the problem is still there.

I guess you could check the fluid and see if it needs to be changed again. Could potentially be a worse problem, such as one of the bands needing replacement in the tranny.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Thanks I'll do that. I just hate to pour more money into something that I feel should have been taken care of by now.