GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: EFI Live Tuning

Default EFI Live Tuning

I bought EFI Live, just got it in the mail today. Just wondering if anyone has some tips for a newbie, i've backed up my stock tune, and also calibrated my speedometer to 33" tires, and shift points to 33" tires. Oh and i've disabled the catalytic converter protection, because i don't have any cats.

Looking to get as much as i can from my intake, spacer, headers, and no cats.

Thank!
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

What tool did you buy?

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

I bought EFI Live Scan and Tune.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

If you do't mind how much did it run you? i'm lookin into getting one to! I know they have great diesel results but I didn't know about gas.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    Lots of work left to do!

Gas and diesel have the same programmer, with this programmer you can tune most GM vehicles, gas or diesel. Check out www.efilive.com And just a heads up, it's a lot more difficult then it seems.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

from personal expericence efi wont dont much unless you have a diesel i tuned my 08 and maybe got 30 more horsepower. If you dont adjust the settings correctly you will distroy pistons from over fueling. If you want alot of horse power invest in a diesel

Quote Originally Posted by jplyler View Post
    from personal expericence efi wont dont much unless you have a diesel i tuned my 08 and maybe got 30 more horsepower. If you dont adjust the settings correctly you will distroy pistons from over fueling. If you want alot of horse power invest in a diesel
    Way ahead of you, been on the market for a diesel for the past year now. Just haven't found one that suits my needs(price and mileage). I'm not really expecting to get a night and day effect with my truck, i'm just expecting it to run smoother, get rid of the stupid codes, and tune it all in for my planned cam shaft, injectors, intake manifold, and throttle body. Plus i need to tune my computer to not read with the rear o2 sensors since i got no cats, and long tube headers.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Sr. Engineer

EFILive is a very versatile tool. Shoulda let me know you were in the market- we are authorized sellers for them.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

Oh damn, i thought you guys were authorized tuners not sellers! Well, it's too late now i guess. Just programmed my transmission shift pressures, torque reduction, and shift times, lets see how this does.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Oh ya I know I've been wanting a diesel for years now! Just can't find one thats a decent price without millions of miles.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    Lots of work left to do!