GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Blog Entries

Amazing pics....your truck looks GREAT!!

The only thing I think you are missing is some white

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Like everyone else i think your truck is AMAZING looking. I can only wish i had the time and money to put into mine what you have put into yours.
    2002 Chevy 1500 Ex-cab Z71: 5.3L, auto 4, shorties, hi-flow cats, true dual 2.5" straight pipes, AirAid intake, TBS, Platinum plugs, 8.5mm wires, programmer, 3in w/ 33s, also has the composite bed

2010 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71 w/ All Terrain package: 5.3L, auto 6, 2" Zone leveling kit, AirAid Jr. Intake Kit

Quote Originally Posted by KWG08VMI View Post
    Like everyone else i think your truck is AMAZING looking. I can only wish i had the time and money to put into mine what you have put into yours.
    Haha. I'm the same way man. Of course... I've got plenty of time and I'm short on money for stuff like that. Maybe there's a correlation there. LoL.

Jr. Mechanic

Thanks guys. To balance things out some, I am in the process of stripping the skidplate underneath stripped (right now it has a black fine texture powdercoat) and re powdercoated in a powder called Bonded and Extruded Chrome (see pic below). Looks more like polished than chrome (that's a good thing). Has a 2,000+ hr salt spray resistance rating, so it's durable stuff. Plus it'll have a coating of super durable clear over it too which has a 3,000+ hr ssr.

This being said, this truck will never have chrome on it anywhere. The shocks have a Zinc and chromate coating, along with both the shock bodys and reservoirs coated in 3M film protectant (an idea I had to guard against rock chips and premature rust)

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Amazing pics....your truck looks GREAT!!

The only thing I think you are missing is some white
    And the only thing your truck is missing are black wheels, love white trucks with black wheels.

4WD/4.88s/TrueTrac/EFI Live | Rancho 4" SL | 3" BL| 20" Ballistic Jesters | 35" Toyos
    Fabricated One-Off Prerunner Lightbar, Bed Tire Mount and Dual Shock Hoops w/ FOAs

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AllBlkdOut07 View Post
    Thanks guys. To balance things out some, I am in the process of stripping the skidplate underneath stripped (right now it has a black fine texture powdercoat) and re powdercoated in a powder called Bonded and Extruded Chrome (see pic below). Looks more like polished than chrome (that's a good thing). Has a 2,000+ hr salt spray resistance rating, so it's durable stuff. Plus it'll have a coating of super durable clear over it too which has a 3,000+ hr ssr.

This being said, this truck will never have chrome on it anywhere. The shocks have a Zinc and chromate coating, along with both the shock bodys and reservoirs coated in 3M film protectant (an idea I had to guard against rock chips and premature rust)

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

And the only thing your truck is missing are black wheels, love white trucks with black wheels.
    Yeah, yeah.....I know; on my list of things to get...my very long list.

Can't wait to see skid plate on your truck....you really do some amazing work.

Legend
    Blog Entries

That is one nice looking truck! Great job on all of your mod's you have done so far! Look forward to seeing everything you do to her in the future!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Sweet looking. I like the look, especially that spare tire carrier.

Jr. Mechanic

Thanks guys. I think the skidplate will stand out and balance it.

Jr. Apprentice

Sick truck dude!!! Inspiring! Makes me wanna go buy some more stuff for mine!
    2007 Z71 Crew Cab

5in Rough Country lift
    20x8.5 matte Black Rockstar Rims
    Discoverer ST's

Coming Up Next!
    Halo Projector Headlights
    K&N cold air intake
    Gibson Super Truck Exhaust

I love blacked out trucks, it's kinda like apple pie and baseball. You just can't go wrong!

-JJ
    04 Silverado Ext-Cab 2wd LS w/ 5.3L
    Spectre Performance CAI
    FLOPRO Dual Exhaust
    Bakflip HD Bedcover
    2005 Z71 17in wheels on Duellar A/Ts
    DDM Tuning 6k HID Low Beams
    Sony Headunit w/ iPod
    Blacked out Bowtie and Windows
    Matched Paint for bumpers and grill