GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Throttle sensor ??

Hi finaly i got some problems that i havent got a clue what it is on my escalade esv 2003 ( 6.0 engine )

its totaly powerless and sometimes is shoots in the exhause ,, i cant rev it over 1500rpm when il got the gear in D or R position ,,, you want even belive the values it shows on the scanner of compensation in timing or fuel

well i scanned it and recive a P0101 code ,, al points at the maf but i want repair my truck by yust buy and swap things so i wanna try to understund what i am looking at ,,, usally i do but this time when i looked at live data on my autoxray 6000 i saw a value called Throttle sensor and i shall show voltage but al times i have looked now it always on 0.00 v ,, this MIGHT be right ,, the EGR valve are also messured in volt and it almoust always on zero ,, but then it is like i shoud be ,, i shoud only get power when i shall work

so what is this THROTTLE SENSOR mesuring ?? voltage yes i know but from where and where in the system is it ? .. this defective maf signal could MIGHT have something to do with this ,, these never cars/trucks gets moore and moore sensitive and you always get some dtc on the way when one part goes down before il tries to get me a new map i wanna get the knowledge of what this trottle sensor are messuring

BTW : this in NOT a TPS signal (il think ? ) on the scanner i can still read % of the throttle position

and also good to know is that the SES sometimes flasch ,, it might can have to do with it sometimes even get a P0300 dtc ,, random missfire ,, but it al are connected togeter in someway ,,
    Last edited by 2loud; 09-26-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: ad moore info

Try cleaning the MAF with CRC Maf cleaner, its in a silver can. DON'T use throttlebody cleaner.

Do you have a vacuum hose unplugged by chance?

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

No hoses lose as far as i have seen ,, and i have even taken of all damn plastic that has coverd the engine since day one ,, iv also tested the "brake cleaner" trick around the intake but dident get any reactions and would there been any hoses open i would have get some reaction

siverado .. why shoudent i use brake cleaner on the maf ? i understund that i shoudent use the maf soon after i sprayd it but is fas i my knowledge goes the fluid in breake cleaner goes away by it self after i short while ??

Legend
    Blog Entries

Because the parts for the MAF are sensative and brake cleaner is corrosive to them. Basically the MAF cleaner is really the only cleaner that wont damage the MAF.. But it sounds like your going to need to get a new MAF anyhow since the symptoms you listed and with the code all point to a faulty MAF.. But try the cleaner first it may just be that dirty.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

if you look around it seams like leaking intake gaskets are a common problem and will set this DTC´s il got them al p0101 , p0300 . p0171 , p0174 .. but 171 and 174 i "always" got becuse i am running the truck on E-85 ,, i havent got time to get moore fuel yet .. il will get it at the same time i will install my whipple , supermaxx and borla exhause .. but that it then ,,, (as soon as i find some time to do it )

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/2p...ifold_test.pdf