GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Blog Entries

Default Aftermarket sway bars?

Anyone have em? I got the idea from Truckin's build up of their Project Novikane, a 04 Sierra (the step sister of my Silverado haha), and it seems like a good idea for a handling mod. I am looking at the two sway bar kits from Hellwig. I want the truck to handle more like the a friends Shelby I just drove, I know I won't get her that great but these two bars seem like a good start

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Hotchkiss makes them for your truck.

I can't answer your question but do you happen to have a link to the article you're referring to or was it not on their website?

Blog Entries

I read it in the actual magazine, but since I gave that one away i found at at Truckin.com...here it is:
    http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/1009t...dup/index.html
    Note that they use Hotchkis swaybars, but they require drilling into the frame and the Hellwig ones are all bolt on.

I have a 2003 Tahoe Z71. I used the Eibach swaybars front and rear. They were much bigger than the stock ones. They were easy to install. And, for a Z71, it corners almost like a sports car. Well, not quite; but it is much improved over stock.

That's a pretty interesting article. Thanks for the post, Hawaii! I'm interested to know how this goes for you if you actually end up giving it a run. I hope it all turns out.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well I have to put in my 2 cents here... Lets just say my new plates will be eather Audi Flipper or BMW Flipper... There is a nice curve here in Rockland Cty that goes from 287 to the GSP. I take it at 75 MPH..I have raced BMW's on it and watched them slow down quick...I've seen the tires on them skip to the right. And I've been flipped the finger after passing them on the turn.. I Pissed off a Brand new S4 Audi the other day...LOL... Besides the longer wheel base and Pirelli tires and the sway bars..

I have the full Hellwig kit on my 08 with the new rear End links..My old Av had the Hotchkiss kit. Both are better then stock.. The main thing between them is the Hellwig are Cold formed and a little bit stronger... But A big differance in handling....I would recommend doing this upgrade to anyone that wants to drive there truck like a Vette.... I do.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Blog Entries

Guys,
    This is my next mod, after getting either the crystal clear head/DRL lights or a new grill shell. I have heard nothing but good things about the hellwigs, just trying to play 4wheelparts and SDsprings against each other as far the cost of shipping goes, and I just spent some cash on a new Flowmaster and a legitimate tip. Actually being in Hawaii now KILLS me shipping wise!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I'll get them for ya and stand on the southern tip of Cali. CATCH!!!!!! LOL... It is one Mod you will love on a Nice open road...Have some fun with a BMW or Audi...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I'll get them for ya and stand on the southern tip of Cali. CATCH!!!!!! LOL... It is one Mod you will love on a Nice open road...Have some fun with a BMW or Audi...
    Haha, I actually have thought about shipping them to my girlfriend in Orange County, CA and having her ship them to me a cheaper way. 200+ bucks to ship somethin like this seems real high, but Hawaii is a ways away.