GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

EFI Live is the best program that money can buy.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I see that you say that your truck is soon to be tuned by diablew. What is that?
    Well diablew aka 06MonteSS, will do a custom tune for your vehicle for a small fee, $105 I believe. You e-mail him a few logs of your vehicle after you install the DSP, and then he adjusts parameters to help unleash even more HP than the DSP can do with the canned tunes. He has quite a few testimonials about his ability to tweak a tune to make your truck into a beast.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Yeah man... I'll getcha MOVIN'!!
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-29-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Both are great products. We are simply comparing apples to oranges here. Diablosport is a phenominal bang for the buck, and will suite most needs. but get into extensive mods like Cams or anything.... and you will need a tune that Diablosport can not support (correct me if I'm wrong). I would be happy to say that JennaBear and 06 Monte are both at the top of their game..... but they play slightly different games.

My opinions come from tuning turbo cars. its the same difference as piggyback tuners and standalone tunes. both do their job, but hardly comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by jwco5.3 View Post
    Both are great products. We are simply comparing apples to oranges here. Diablosport is a phenominal bang for the buck, and will suite most needs. but get into extensive mods like Cams or anything.... and you will need a tune that Diablosport can not support (correct me if I'm wrong). I would be happy to say that JennaBear and 06 Monte are both at the top of their game..... but they play slightly different games.

My opinions come from tuning turbo cars. its the same difference as piggyback tuners and standalone tunes. both do their job, but hardly comparable.
    k... I'll correct ya...

yes, you can get custom tunes done for the diablo programmer, to support anything... cams, turbos, superchargers, etc etc... a Diablosport CMR custom tuner has diablo's tuning software, which is like efi live / hp tuners - which gives them access to everything in a tune file....

using that software, they can create custom tunes for whatever you need... then the custom tune file gets imported into the diablo programmer, and installed to the vehicle... piece of cake... I know, because I am a diablosport custom tuner with their software, and I do custom tunes for people every day... ;)

So you can actually change timing enough with a predator to handle turbo and cams? not sarcasm,,, just shocked.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

EDIT: Shocked because I have had many piggyback tuners that simply couldnt do it. They were not diablosport products, however.

Quote Originally Posted by jwco5.3 View Post
    So you can actually change timing enough with a predator to handle turbo and cams? not sarcasm,,, just shocked.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

EDIT: Shocked because I have had many piggyback tuners that simply couldnt do it. They were not diablosport products, however.
    yes... with the predator handheld itself, you can adjust the WOT timing, from 1000 rpm to 7000 rpm, from -20% to +15%... or if you get a custom tune done for it by a diablosport CMR custom tuner, the timing in the tune file can be changed to whatever you set it to... the diablo CMR tuning software is like hp tuners/efi live...

here's the info about a 7193 predator that would be for your 04 truck... shows you the tunes that come on it, the gains, and a list of all the adjustable items you can do yourself with it....
    http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=65

;)
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-30-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Very cool. I plan on purchasing one this spring when the funds are available. Thanks Monte

np man, you're welcome... glad I could help... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Welcome to the club, Judson. Diablo Preditor has more adjustments than the Superchips. Lets you data log, make fine tunes (adjusting the LongTermFuelTrims) makes a big differance. You can get updates and custom tunes by e-mail.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I forgot to ask, is your '07 a Classic body style or the NewBodyStyle? If its a NBS style than Diablo also has the new Trinity for your truck. Check them out at diablosport.com
    Who do you email for the custom tunes?
    2003 Chevy Silverado Z71 V8 5.3L
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    Weld Typhoon's
    Leveled with Edelbrock Shocks
    Flowmaster 10 Series
    Tuned with Diablo Predator

GO USAF

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast