GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Best programmer? Chevy Silverado 1500 6.0 Max

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 with the 6.0 max... Wondering what is the best programmer for this motor? I had a superchips cortex on my old titan and loved it but there wasnt as many options for the T as there is for this truck so I'm kind of lost... And anyone with a programmer does it seem to make alot of difference? I know with the T it was my favorite performance mod ecspecially for under $400...
    Thanks,
    Judson

Welcome to the club, Judson. Diablo Preditor has more adjustments than the Superchips. Lets you data log, make fine tunes (adjusting the LongTermFuelTrims) makes a big differance. You can get updates and custom tunes by e-mail.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I forgot to ask, is your '07 a Classic body style or the NewBodyStyle? If its a NBS style than Diablo also has the new Trinity for your truck. Check them out at diablosport.com

Its the newer generation '07.. When you say I can get custom tunes, does that mean I could tune for headers? It's not just 5 quick tunes like my superchips was?

Also I see the diablo sport predator is half the price of the trinity... Whats the big advantage of the trinity thats worth the extra $300? I mostly just want to get rid of the ghey wot restriction.

Sr. Engineer

The Diablosports can not tune the TCM in the 07+ vehicles. I was told that the Superchips now can. If you want a full custom tune, I would recommend the EFILive AutoCal.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

there have been updates to the predator tunes, as well as the Trinity tunes, as well as the diablosport CMR tuning software for custom tuning, that will get your tranny shifting performing excellent when you get on it!

the trinity has more features, better logging, and will have even more updates available to it in the future, like the ability to tune more than just one vehicle at a time...

as for custom tuning, you can get custom tunes done from any number of diablosport CMR custom tuners, like myself...

no worries...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Welcome to the club, Judson. Diablo Preditor has more adjustments than the Superchips. Lets you data log, make fine tunes (adjusting the LongTermFuelTrims) makes a big differance. You can get updates and custom tunes by e-mail.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I forgot to ask, is your '07 a Classic body style or the NewBodyStyle? If its a NBS style than Diablo also has the new Trinity for your truck. Check them out at diablosport.com
    Who do you email for the custom tunes?
    2003 Chevy Silverado Z71 V8 5.3L
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    Weld Typhoon's
    Leveled with Edelbrock Shocks
    Flowmaster 10 Series
    Tuned with Diablo Predator

GO USAF

06MonteSS<<<<-------THIS GUY!
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift