GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking at a Cadillac SRX to replace the trailblazer

Since the wife drives it the most, we're looking at a 2007 Cadillac SRX to replace the trailblazer. Looks good, drives great, should be able to swing thee deal maybe this week if it's gonna happen.

Update: Here are some photos of the 2007 SRX to get everyone used to them again.

2007 Cadillac SRX Photos

2007 Cadillac SRX

Rear view of the 2007 Cadillac SRX

Interior photo of the 2007 Cadillac SRX

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend
    Blog Entries

That is a HUGE step up from the trailblazer... Let us know what you decide to get cuz those are sweet looking!!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

A very sweet ride Get the E&G Grille for it and make it stand out good.. (If you do get it and want it let me know) I still say take a look at the Av.. ;)
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

We're looking at years like the 2007. One of the thing about the SRX, becuase it cost upwards of $45k+ brand new, the people who bought them often were older couples with maybe an empty nest or just one kid left in the house. My folks did stuff like that as I was the youngest of three children ... when my sister went to college and my brother joined the Navy, it was just me and the folks in the house ... so they got a new house (smaller), and got new cars (nicer). My dad got a top of the line 4WD GMC Sonoma complete with full canopy and just about every option that GMC offered, for example ... then he babied it like crazy and put low miles on it.

So, the Cadillac, while still being about 50% more expensive than an Envoy XL or Trailblazer EXT LT with similar age/miles, might offer something that's a step-up, give us most of the people-carrying room that we need, and still give some cargo carrying room.

We are concerned that there isn't enough cargo room though. We're looking at either roof-rack carriers and/or something like a hitch platform carrier to help store bags when we take a road trip.

Anyone have an SRX with the 3rd row seats? If so, what do you think about cargo room for a trip?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

How about maintanence cost?

x2 on maintenance, Cadillac parts are notoriously more expensive than "regular" parts.
    Adam

The main problem we have is the lack of storage room behind the 3rd row seat. Now, most of midsized vehicles that have a 3rd row, have very little room behind the 3rd row seat, but there is at least enough to get some basic groceries in there. I'm not sure if we'd have that much room. There isn't enough room to get our current stroller, maybe one of the little ones, and forget about any luggage for a trip. We're still thinking about getting one, and then maybe getting a car-top carrier if we do any traveling. That's an option and they are only like $300-500 for a really good one. We could also get a swing-away trailer hitch carrier.

Swing-away Trailer Hitch Carrier - $650 maybe?
    These go upwards to about 20 cubit feet of storage, that's pretty good and it's more handy that going up on the roof, but it's more exposed too. We could mount bikes on the back though if we wanted, maybe find a way to put the stroller back here, I dunno, just thinking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59109.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	21447

Roof mounted Cargo Carrier - $250 ?
    Probably would get one that's like 10 cubit feet. That's enough for luggage for most trips, other bags can sit in the seat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TH682.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	21448

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Maintenance cost is something of a concern, but not that much for now. Many of these are low miles right now, because that's the buyer who bought them new in the first place. Usually older drivers with maybe just one kid left in the hosue and they splurge on the $45k midsized SUV.

The Cadillac SRX drives super awesome. Very smooth, lots of power, and lots of visibility to see the entire road, including behind you. That's been something of an issue with the new larger crossovers, they're harder to see out of when driving, especially the blind spots. The old SUVs were much easier to see out of.

The wife likes it a lot because it really does drive like a car and it's easier to park and get around traffic than the larger crossovers.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

... She's actually starting to like the Chevy Traverse a lot more now that she's been driving it for a week. We'll take a look at getting a new Traverse, Acadia or Enclave once we get all of this settled with the insurance company. Right now that means we get the cash for the Trailblazer, plus the current incentives for the new models if we go for a new 2010 or 2011 Traverse.

SRX isn't 100% out of the question, just not as likely now I don't think becuase of the limited amount of cargo room.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Steve I had a 2005 and loved it. but it wasn't without its issues. It was the first vehicle that I purchased GMPP on and it paid for it's self in 10 months. I had the N* and that was really nice for everything but fuel mileage. Harder than my 2007 and my 2009 crew cab. It was fully loaded and had issues with the air compressor for the rear MAG ride shocks( those were replaced when I purchased the SRX) I had problems with the tranny overheating so I dumped it. Replaced with my 2009 crew cab.
    Cadillac owners group ( another form i frequent time to time). known issues... link below.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-problems.html

check the jack compartment before you buy, water issues!

The V6 didn't seem to be much better on gas.

you will probably remove the second row middle seat head rest for visibility, but let me say this, very comfortable on long trips front and back seats, even for taller or heavier (like me).

2 neighbours have traverse/ enclaves and love them...

does it have the Ultra-view sun roof? (your other question on cargo carrier and issues, but so nice if you like them)

Enjoy the new wheels whatever you get.
    Last edited by jake's silverado; 10-04-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: more stuff to say! go figure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast