GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Go for the Traverse.

There seem to be some Trailblazer EXTs popping up suddenly, where I didn't see very many of them just a week ago, so we might look that way for now.

The benefit of something like that is we can pay cash and get caught up on our other debt and save for a new house next year. The more money we can put in savings the better and not paying $600+ per month means that alone we can pocket more cash by next spring and not show that extra debt when we go looking again.

But the Cadillac SRX is pretty sweet riding and very comfortable too, that's worth something. The Traverse will last easily 10 years for us so that would be a good long term investment, costing maybe on average about $300 per month to own/operate for the next 10 years, that's not terrible in the overall grand scheme of things.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

My mom has a 2011 SRX fully loaded it has every thing under the sun I drive it sometimes it's pretty smooth. Before the SRX she had a Traverse, the Traverse had a 3 row's and got better mpg's The caddy gets about 18 the Traverse rode more like a truck. hope this help if you have any question feel free to ask me.
    *2010 Chevrolet 1500 LT
    *extended cab Long bed
    *Line-X bed liner
    *Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit
    *k&N Cai 63
    *Bullydog gt
    *custom A-pillar
    *17 Hoss XD
    *BF Goodrich Mud terrain KM2 285/70/17

The SRX is pretty sweet. If we didn't have to think about three kids and all the stuff that goes along with that, we'd consider getting one, but it's just not practical right now.

we just got a 2011 SRX Premium for my wife. its the pearl white with shale/brown interior with chrome 20" wheels.

no kids yet, but we plan to start in 2-3 years and do not plan on having more than 2.

its a perfect vehicle for her to drive. she felt the tahoe was way too big, and didn't really like any other GM SUVs except the escalade and SRX. she loved the escalade eventhough its the same size as the tahoe, i hated the price tag, but then she got into the SRX and said "this is the one!" so we got it and we love it! just ordered some Lloyd Mats for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12