GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hi had a play found a pin bent over on the injector wire got that how it should be and i thought that was it ,but still missing so took the top intake off pulled each injector and got wife to turn engine over and all injectors gave a nice jet of fuel ,put it all back and its still sounds like a dumper truck,but now and again it kicks in and engine sounds better so getting new leads and try that

hi took truck to garage today only come up with number 5 not working ,he did compression test on 5 and 3 both the same reading,came home took top inlet manifold off and changed number 5 injector to number 3 put it all back pulled plug lead off 3 engine makes a change, pulled number 5 no change ,so it now has new plug and wires,injector changed and still the same i just dont know what to look at ,it has good spark any help please its not loosing water or over heating starts from cold

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

hi took truck to garage today only come up with number 5 not working ,he did compression test on 5 and 3 both the same reading,came home took top inlet manifold off and changed number 5 injector to number 3 put it all back pulled plug lead off 3 engine makes a change, pulled number 5 no change ,so it now has new plug and wires,injector changed and still the same i just dont know what to look at ,it has good spark any help please its not loosing water or over heating starts from cold

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi Dave, compression is good, injector sprays, & spark plug fires, the only thing left that I can think of is a vacuum leak on #5. I know you checked for this already but it has to be one of these 4 things. I guess it could be a blockage in the intake port so it wasn't getting enough air in for the right fuel mixture, but there is nothing else left if it has all 4 things working correctly. Did you leave a shop rag in the intake port?
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

thanks for all your help, all the time i had done the gasket and put distributor in right it started first time but run bad ,so thought it was timing had 2 people set it would not start after so bought new plus and leads still would not start, they set it wrong ,so i had ago set it and it started first time but still running bad missing on number 5 ,then found what i thought was the problem bent pin on 5 injector fixed it but still not running on 5 ,i was just about to strip it all down when i thought i change the new plug on 5 for an old one and away it went sounded like a new truck,so i had done the job right but it was a bent pin that made it run bad ,i thought it was timing they set it wrong bought new leads and plugs ,then found bent pin thought thats it but still the same and turned out the new ngk plug was bad what a nightmare thank you all from dave in uk

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    That's good Dave, you're making progress. Switch out the injector with another and if it fixes #5 then it's just an injector problem. I don't think you got #5 problem from cleaning it, I think maybe if the problem on #5 is NOT the injector then it might be a vacuum leak at the gasket. Spray some carb cleaner around the gasket and see if the idle picks up and smoothes out.
    Also check the wiring on #5 injector. Wire(s) could be loose in the wiring connector and when you click wire connector onto the injector, the wire(s) gets pushed back into connector plug and does not make good contact with injector.
    thanks for all your help, all the time i had done the gasket and put distributor in right it started first time but run bad ,so thought it was timing had 2 people set it would not start after so bought new plus and leads still would not start, they set it wrong ,so i had ago set it and it started first time but still running bad missing on number 5 ,then found what i thought was the problem bent pin on 5 injector fixed it but still not running on 5 ,i was just about to strip it all down when i thought i change the new plug on 5 for an old one and away it went sounded like a new truck,so i had done the job right but it was a bent pin that made it run bad ,i thought it was timing they set it wrong bought new leads and plugs ,then found bent pin thought thats it but still the same and turned out the new ngk plug was bad what a nightmare thank you all from dave in uk

Legend
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear you got it running good Dave.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12