GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Lift Kit suggestions?

I want a 3 inch suspension kit, because I'm not a fan of body lifts, so I want a 3 inch suspension lift. I was wondering what you guys recommend? I have a 1998 K1500 Z71 4WD. Should I do torsion keys, seeing as I already need to replace my adjuster bolts. Just wondering. Let me know what you think!! I have pics in my picture album or you can just look at the one in my sig.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

superlift has a 2.5 inch kit then jumps to a 4". Rancho also makes a 4" kit and is good.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend

Blog Entries

x2 on the Rancho. I recently installed myself (easier than I thought it would be and I am NOT a mechanic) and am very happy with it so far. After a ton of research and debating over which kit to get finally decided on the Rancho...I did a quick write up as to the reasons...click the link if you want to check out my thoughts in more detail.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-2008-Z71-1500

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

i got a super lift on my truck and i am happy with it it rides smooth but the tires make it ride a little rough but i would go with a super lift

and can yall tell me how to start a thread so i can post pics of my ride

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCredneck View Post
    i got a super lift on my truck and i am happy with it it rides smooth but the tires make it ride a little rough but i would go with a super lift

and can yall tell me how to start a thread so i can post pics of my ride
    Start here: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-and-Signature

And the go to the "Member Introductions" and click "New Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    x2 on the Rancho. I recently installed myself (easier than I thought it would be and I am NOT a mechanic) and am very happy with it so far. After a ton of research and debating over which kit to get finally decided on the Rancho...I did a quick write up as to the reasons...click the link if you want to check out my thoughts in more detail.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-2008-Z71-1500
    hey I saw on the link your kit only cost $1100! Where did you buy it?!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

Blog Entries

It was on sale through Amazon (not sure who they procured it from) and then Rancho had a $500 rebate.

Yeah thats a good deal. I like how they are easier to install because that saves money as well. I found a rough country 6'' lift for $1300 but don't know much about them.

Legend

Blog Entries

Yes, it was a really good deal because it also came with the adjustable Rancho shocks. I just went to their website to see if there were running any more promos but they are not. The rebate promo I took advantage of ended Aug 31st, so I thought they might have come up with a new one by now.

When researching, Rough Country had a lot of good reviews and for the most part, I really could not find that anyone had consistent or similar negative issues. If I remember correctly, NFab seemed to get some of the best reviews and someone else was even better (can't remember now) but that kit was way out of my budget, so I moved on quickly.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 10-11-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Ha yeah budget has a LOT to do with my choices. I want good performance but at the same time it has to be reasonable. Maybe if I wait more towards christmas they will come out with new offers but I've never been big on waiting!