GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whaaaaat ?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thanks PMF;
    I am not computer literate so I have copied and pasted your instructions and will have the gf do it. How do I know if this is a wide screen monitor?

So you are still seeing the ads too? I saw them all last week, but haven't seen one since the site did the repair on Monday. Apparently some other posters need their monitors adjusted too cuz some of them don't see the ads anymore either.

Do you know anything about some of the members sending their awards back? I saw a message about it, but didn't understand what it was about, or why.
    Thanks for your help.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

yea, I haven't seen the ads go away yet, so I'm not quite sure why some would see it them and others wouldn't, because even with a low resolution set to your monitor, they should still show up somewhere.

About whether your monitor is widescreen or not, a widescreen monitor would be rectangular like a flat-panel TV. A standard monitor will be more square, like the old TV's with the tube.

The awards I'm not sure about - I didn't even know that you could send them back.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Legend
    Blog Entries

OK this is monitor is not a w.s.then. It is almost square 12 w. x 10 high. I still see everything in the normal size print, etc as I did before GM T.C. did the site repair, I just don't see the ads anymore. The only ad I see is one at the top that partially covers the GM site logo. It is a blank white ad and has this printed in it---> 468x60 advertisement <--

That ad has been blocking the log in space since last Mondays site repair, so I have had to stay logged in since then. I was logging in & out every day before the site repair, but when I came back Tuesday it took me 1/2 hour to find alternate way to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    OK this is monitor is not a w.s.then. It is almost square 12 w. x 10 high. I still see everything in the normal size print, etc as I did before GM T.C. did the site repair, I just don't see the ads anymore. The only ad I see is one at the top that partially covers the GM site logo. It is a blank white ad and has this printed in it---> 468x60 advertisement <--

That ad has been blocking the log in space since last Mondays site repair, so I have had to stay logged in since then. I was logging in & out every day before the site repair, but when I came back Tuesday it took me 1/2 hour to find alternate way to log in.
    Based on the text you said showed up in the ad space, I had an idea that ended up being right. What you see depends on what forum style you use. If you look in the bottom right corner of your screen on any page on the truck club, there is a drop down box that will say Chevy Truck Forum, Old Chevy Truck Forum, or vB4 Default Style. I have mine set to Old Chevy Truck Forum because it works best for me. I find if I set it to Chevy Truck Forum, the links in the top bar are moved to the right and blocked by the ad space, and that the ads go away. On the Old Chevy Truck Forum setting, I have no issues with anything being blocked, and all the ads appear as normal.

When you say your text is normal sized, that could be different to anyone. The fact that you only had one word between the left side an the ad would still lead me to believe that your resolution is a bit low for most of today's sites. If you follow the directions I gave earlier, it is super easy to change your resolution. Just make note of what your current setting is - that way if you are unhappy with the changes, you can always go back to your current setting.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ok thanks pmf. I see the old/new chevy down at the bottom right. I thought that was just a choice of lookin at old or new Chevys

Vincennes has been helping me and told me the same thing on the screen resolution. I will wait till later as I have some ques to answer & when the gf can watch me do it & hit me over the head if I make the wrong move adjusting it ha ha... She knows a little more than I do about pc s'

My text size is equal to 1/2 way between a 10 & 12 on my email size selector. This is 1/8" tall---> I <--

edit*** OK I switched to Old Chevy and the ads are back and I'm seeing the narrow columns. lol.. The blank ad that was at the top and blocking me from logging in is still there but now has a nice pic of a Chevy Truck. lol I'm going to change back till I can adj the resolution later, then I will change back and see how it looks.
    Last edited by stephan; 10-10-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: new info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12