GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default who to blame this ticket for?

i don't know what kind of question this is, so I'll post it here.

so today, i was driving along the highway, and suddenly i lost my gauges, they just dropped and shut off. there was no exit in sight, so i decided to keep going as long as i could. then i got pulled over, for doing 120kph in a 100 zone. turns out the 10 amp instrument panel fuse blew do to an electrical surge that blew that particular 10 amp fuse.

i don't know who to blame this ticket for? my dealer who fixed my electrical system, GM, or do i have to pay it and take the rap for a poorly made truck?

2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 **SOLD**
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost crew cab **SOLD**
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L crew cab

wow you really got a faulty truck, I hope your next vehicle works better for you, but I would contest it in court, if not blame the dealership, they "fixed" the electrical system...
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

I'm not sure how the legal system works in Canada, but in the United States (at least in Texas) you can repeal a ticket for things like that. Just get your instrument cluster fixed, take the documentation (from the mechanic that fixes it) up to the court house and explain to them what happened. Good luck getting someone else to pay for your ticket. That's going to be your best option. Just get it dropped. You may not even need any receipts or documentation. It would just be easier.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Wow... is all i can say.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

yeah, wow. it keeps blowing the fuse. i stuck another 10 amp in there and it instantly blew it when i started the truck. so i stuck a 15 amp in and it blew it as well. no use in wasting fuses. the dealer questions everything that goes wrong. my sound system has been disconnected since May, and they figure I'm lying and want to charge $350 to check it.

pull the whole system out of the truck, then take it to the dealership and raise hell. prove to them that its blowing the fuses, they wont be able to fight it if there is no system in the truck and it blows fuses in front of them. they wouldnt like me very much if they were giving me this much trouble and trying to take money out of my pocket..

I'm not sure how the lemon law works in Canada but you might have grounds to start a case for this, might soften the financial impact when getting rid of the truck to be selling out a newer one or maybe GM would buy you out.
    As far as the ticket again I dont know canadian law but what could it hurt to try appealing the ticket by bringing the judge a copy of the mechanics findings and repairs, the worse they can say is pay the ticket but maybe you'll get lucky and they'll strike it from the record.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I'm not sure how the lemon law works in Canada but you might have grounds to start a case for this, might soften the financial impact when getting rid of the truck to be selling out a newer one or maybe GM would buy you out.
    As far as the ticket again I dont know canadian law but what could it hurt to try appealing the ticket by bringing the judge a copy of the mechanics findings and repairs, the worse they can say is pay the ticket but maybe you'll get lucky and they'll strike it from the record.
    X2 i second that....

You've got a hot wire touching somewhere , probably in or under the dash , if it wasn't popping those fuses, your truck would be burnt to the ground , don't park it in your garage or next to your house. Good Luck

I wonder if you have a fried or messed up computer board for your instrument panel. I had a kenwood amp and it would do the exact same thing. It use to blow fuses every once in a while and then it would blow them more frequently and one day it would just blow fuses no matter what size I put in. Never did figure out the problem. Just bought a new amp and haven;t had one problem since.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by