GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Totalled the Trailblazer today

Sad day, hard to believe what that Trailblazer has been through but she's not going to survive this one.

The good news is that it doesn't look like anyone was really hurt. I had my five-year old with me and we walked away, shaken, but we walked away.

This was a very bizzare multi-vehicle collision, one of many becuase of the rain-slicked roads. I was driving under the speed limits becuase of the wet roadd and I was keeping aware of the traffic around me. It all happened so fast that I'm really not sure what happened. I got hit by two or three cars and I think I hit one or maybe two cars myself. I'm not even sure who's at fault for what.

I'm sore, but really not all that sore considering how much of an impact we had. I guess the physics of it are that we took glancing blows to the front and rear of the Trailblazer, and she's pretty sturdy as built to absorb the energy. We all walked away.

Anyhow, I've got a picture or two from my phone that I'll try to see if I can upload. Not a good day, but we're home and feeling ok.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey im just happy everyone is alright! and that poor little truck of yours has been thru hell. mabeys its time for it to go to the big junkyard to share some more of its parts with other trucks.

Also look on the bright side you dont have Farmers but mabey the other guys did??
    Sorry i dont mean insult to injury but i laughed and was also pissed with your last debacle!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Blog Entries

Dang, that sux! Sorry to hear you had an accident, glad you both walked away.
    2000 & 2001 Chevy Prism
    1999 K1500 Suburban 5.7 Vortec

Shouldn't they call it Truck Tape instead??

Yeah, no one got a ticket in this case. I'm going to hold tight until I figure out what happened. I was spun around so even though I was in the middle of everything, I'm not sure who hit who. It felt to me like I got nudged from behind and I fishtailed, but I'm not sure that I can prove that because no one in that lane stopped. In any case I'm pretty beat and sore and I'll just have to figure out what new vehicle to end up getting to replace this.

Legend
    Blog Entries

isnt the decision obvious another trailblazer! that thing lived thru two accidents. And sore i can deal with people with broken bones or worse isnt cool.

Glad to hear your daughter and you are okay...trucks can be replaced. No matter how carefully you drive, there is always that one driver on the road that you can't account for.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Legend

Blog Entries

Wow! Sorry to hear about the accident...glad you guys are okay!

Thank you for sharing Steve.

Mike

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Definitely glad to hear your all good and safe! getting in a wreck with family is not the best experience but good luck on your vehicle search!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

WOW! glad you guys are okay! I think you need a suburban now!
    Mike - SoCal

07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift

08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

WOW!! Glad to see you and your little one are OK..Did you both get checked out afterwards?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by