GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bry2500 View Post
    I need some of what you have. You got 200+ and I got 0.

Just waiting for the economy to turn around.
    I can help by removing some and selling them to you at a much lower price than I paid for it

03 2500 Av here
    2003 2500 Avalanche with a few toys.

Hey guys! 2003 Z66 Avalanche owner here!! got some nice accessories on it. got alot of pics on the way. Add me so we can chat. us avalanche owners gotta stay together!!
    2003 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z66
    Cherry Bomb Extreme No Cats
    2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 10s with a 600 watt Punch amp
    Youtube:throttlethievesclub, cherrybombavalanche

Throttle Thieves Motor Club
    President
    Est: 2009

05 Avalanche 4x4 3inch Truxx leveling kit with 33inch Dueler AT's so far rims coming soon.

Got another one here!!!
    04 Z71

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

How come I never saw this thread before...? LoL

"03 Cladded Z71 here... Click for larger image...

The day I brought him home...

What he looks like now...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Angry

New member here who just bought a nicely appointed 2010 Avalanche LT on MARCH 6.

On MARCH 8, I had my first CHECK ENGINE light at 100 miles. Took it back on MARCH 7 & dealer's shop ordered a new O2 sensor.

New sensor installed MARCH 15, but by then the 5.3L is blowing a giant cloud of BLUE SMOKE at every start up, beginning at about 250 miles. Scheduled a return to the shop on MARCH 18. Dealer finds a GM bulletin on this issue regarding "overactive lifters". Turns out the lifters in this one are maybe supplied by Bosch and have been found to be a bit irrationally exuberant in their mission to pump oil to the heads. Apparently the pump rate exceeds the galley drain rate by enough to pool up an excess that overflows into the intake manifold (a nice little calculus problem for school). Solution is to tear engine down and replace these lifters with another set of lifters. Not sure, but thinking this may be related to the AFM control system??

Dealership is doing a great job, but my Avalanche experience is getting off to a very bad start. (And I traded in a somewhat annually troublesome Bravada for this.) Hope there's better days ahead with this truck, but I'm not getting much seat time so far. Looking to get the truck back in about a week. Meanwhile, I'm riding in a Silverado Extended Cab Z71 loaner.

Glad to find this site just the same.
    Mr69Z28...original owner (and still owner) of the first Z/28 sold in Beaufort Co. N.C.
    Member, SAE.

UPDATE:
    New lifters under warranty have fixed the oil smoke problem. About 2 weeks out of the shop, a flying rock from a semi cracked the windshield, so back in the shop for new glass. ARRRRGH.

Even with these misadventures and downtime, I've logged about 6700 miles between March and June on the new Avalanche, including a trip to the Indy 500. Things are improving!

UPDATE 10-17-2010:
    THINGS ARE NOT IMPROVING.

On 10-1-2010, I was stranded by a TRANSMISSION FAILURE at 12,665 miles on this still almost NEW Avalanche. About 1.75 hours from home in eastern NC and headed to PA when transmission started decoupling and re-coupling. Traction control, parking assist, and other control module alarms went bezerk. One hour wait for recovery truck and then rest of day spent at Mr. Goodwrench totally wrecked my travel plans.

It's been TWO WEEKS PLUS, going onto THREE waiting for parts. Avalanche is at a dealership about 1-1/2 hours from here. I'm having to make do in a rental HHR in the meantime. Add this to the O2 sensor problem and the valve lifter replacement problem and I've gone about FIVE WEEKS without my Avalanche that I bought NEW only SEVEN MONTHS ago. Of course, the bank still expects their monthly payment.

The ironic thing is that I traded in my '02 Bravada because I got tired of the annual major breakdowns in the electronic technology on it. This is no better. And the Avalanche MSRP sticker was more than I paid for my first house (ok, I'm telling my age here).

Not sure I'll be keeping the Avalanche if I ever get it back. After 41 years of buying GM, don't know if I'll do that next time either. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
    Last edited by Mr69Z28; 10-17-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Update Information

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Add one more to the ranks......08 Z71 here.... 2nd Avalanche and I love it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12627.jpg   post-152-12180409961.jpg  
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

hey yall NC here 06Onyx black z71 will post pics in the near future

Just bought a 2007 Av LT3 4x4 in Bermuda Blue that I love. I had a 2003 Z71 cladded in sunburst orange for four years and loved it.
    2007 Avalanche LT3 4x4 Bermuda Blue Metallic
    1987 K10 Silverado 4x4 Short Bed
    1975 Piper Cherokee Six 300

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast