GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Post some pics.. A 2500 Very nice........ And your Tahoe on 37's... Gotta see it..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    How many of are you are going to keep your AV until the wheels fall off?
    still have mine 2002 with 86,600 had it 11 years
    2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today 87,000 miles

Legend

Welcome Some old friends.... That truck is not even broken in yet......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Mine is a 2003. It currently has about 145,000km on it (about 90,000 miles). It will get to relax this summer though... using it for work last summer sure racked up the miles...

And every once in a while I put it to work. Not often now though with the new work truck. (This load was just going around the back of the house)

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Hey everyone! Haven't posted much but have more time now.

Yes, I plan to keep my AV until it dies; and I might revive it then. Have a 127K mile '07 LT on a 2500 4X4 chassis that I bought used. Love the truck and am thinking of adding a K&N cold air intake on the 8.1L. Looking for info on similar mod to 8.1 and how it impacted power and mpg. I currently get 12 using regular fuel.
    Last edited by FFLB; 03-19-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FFLB View Post
    Hey everyone! Haven't posted much but have more time now.

Yes, I plan to keep my AV until it dies; and I might revive it then. Have a 127K mile '07 LT on a 2500 4X4 chassis that I bought used. Love the truck and am thinking of adding a K&N cold air intake on the 8.1L. Looking for info on similar mod to 8.1 and how it impacted power and mpg. I currently get 12 using regular fuel.
    That's an interesting conversion. You should put some pictures and such up.

I'd ultimately like to have one of the 2007+ Avalanches on one of the 2007+ 2500 Suburban/Yukon XL frames. With a duramax.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    That's an interesting conversion. You should put some pictures and such up.

I'd ultimately like to have one of the 2007+ Avalanches on one of the 2007+ 2500 Suburban/Yukon XL frames. With a duramax.
    Check out AlaskaAv on the Avalanche sites.. He did it.. If your getting 12 MPG with a 8.1 be happy..

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Check out AlaskaAv on the Avalanche sites.. He did it.. If your getting 12 MPG with a 8.1 be happy..
    I'm pretty familiar with Alaska_Av's truck. It has always been interesting to me. As far as I can find though, he hasn't actually built a new style avalanche with a duramax.... Yet. Based on his habit of buying and fixing vehicles, I suspect it's only a matter of time. In the mean time, There's a lot of GMT900 Suburbans, tahoes & yukons out there with duramaxes in them, but I still can't find anyone who has swapped a 2500 frame and duramax engine into a GMT900 avalanche.

As a side note, I've given thought to the idea of selling my Avalanche, buying a 2500 and doing a duramax swap since I currently have a 2003 Sierra 3500 with a duramax. I could stick the 8.1 in the Sierra and resell it. BUT, I'm seriously looking at buying a gooseneck trailer for my business next month, and you just can't tow anywhere near the weight that would allow with an avalanche. The highest rated trailer hitch I have been able to find is rated for 15,000 pounds, which just can't compare to the 25,000 pounds my gooseneck hitch is rated for. So maybe I'll just keep my current avalanche and swap a 6.0 or 6.2 in at some point if I want the extra fun factor.

Legend

SLP has a Av with a 427 700HP in it... Check that out www.slponline.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mwatters View Post
    I must admit i doubted the Avalanche, but once i had a chance to actually do the swap in the back a couple of times, i'm sold.
    What is that link to? haha
    Clint
    Rockwall, Texas

2008 Suburban 4WD BEAST! plus a couple of other Chevy rides!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast