GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default doug thorley exhaust

any one here have this on there truck. i just bought system off ebay for$225 free shipping and was woundering if anyone else had it and how they liked it. i had corsa sport on my old 02 chevy avalanche but when traded it it went with it. i fig that price was cheap enough to give it a try and being money is tight couldnt go wrong with price. will post up after i get it and install let all know how i like it or not.

Never heard of that..
    Be sure to let us know how ya like it,gains, ect.
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

ok i just got the exhaust on wed. its actually a jardine exhaust which is made by doug thorley the pipe's are ceramic coated as with the muffler , the tip is chrome with the jardine name on it. it has a mello sound quite at idle but when you get on it you can hear it. its a straight through pipe with little holes, as for fit i had to play the adjustment game. the rear bracket is welded alittle too far back so the tail pipe hit my plastic rear fender in one small spot. the system was for a suburban. it did improve my gas miles by 5 miles per gal. i went from 13 to 18. so for the price i paid $225 i really can't complain. it was a clearance item so the newer exhaust systems from them will say doug thorley on the tip and muffler. so if you looking for a cheap exhust with mello sound i'd rec. this. i had a corsa exhaust system on my 02 av so as a comparison to that i kinda liked the corsa alittle better in sound, it could be alittle more aggressive for me but some of you might be looking for a more mello sound in and outside the cab. now the real test will be how it sounds with lt headers and high flow cats. but thats later down the road. the only thing i wish before i got it was a sound clip of how it sounds before i bought it. to get a comparison to other systems. i will post some pics later today. so you all can get a look at what it looks like.

Doug Thorley does make some quality products. The price is what scares me, I have done a lot of pricing on exhaust systems for my truck, and Doug Thorley were some of the more expensive systems I found.

CAT-BACK EXHAUST, CHEVY GMC SC/ SB P.U. 4.3L/ 4.8L/ 5.3L 2/4WD 2002-2006
    Our Price: $513.00

The absolute simplest way to make power is to bolt on a Doug Thorley Headers 50-state legal exhaust system.
    Precise CNC mandrel bends, heavy duty 16-gauge aluminized tubing, and factory style hangers spell "quality". Capped with highly polished chrome tips, your vehicle won't just perform and sound great, it will turn heads, too! ...

This is the direct from factory price. See link below.

http://www.dougthorleyheaders.com/pr...ID1/4/sfID2/33

Chris
    2005 Silverado - 4.3L, 5spd Manual, K&N Drop in Filter, Modded Air box
    Kenwood KDC-MP732 Head Unit, Pioneer 760W Amp, 2x 10" MTX Thunder 6000 subs, Uniden PC68XL CB/PA

2004 Cavalier - 2.2L Auto
    Bone Stock

1977 Toyota Celica GT - 20R (2.2L), 5spd, 146,000 Miles all Original (even the clutch)

I've heard of Thorley headers and Jardine for years, so quality shouldn't be a problem. The price sure sounds low, though. Good luck!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I like Doug, had used him several times on earlier cars that I had and improvements from his product were worth the price. I would consider his for the Burban I have over others as most of his stuff bolts in fairly well and lasts. Remember to return in baout 500 miles and re-tighten everything.......

Jeff
    JMoney02

Anyone have a sound clip of their truck with a Thorley muffler? I found someone on CL selling a system for $80.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

ive heard of the doug thorley headers, but not the pipes, and your def. right about the price.....any chance youll be posting up some pics or a sound clip?
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks