GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2004 gmc crew cab

The back door door locks won`t lock with the key fob, Front doors work fine, Any ideas?? Thanks, John

Do your back doors work if you push the switch on your front doors - specifically the passenger door? On these trucks, GM's service info says the keyless entry works through the passenger door module, which sends a signal to the BCM, which then controls the back doors. The lock switch on the passenger door also works through the same module as the keyless entry, so if that module is faulty, I would think that using it would not unlock the rear doors. If the switch on the driver door does not unlock the rear doors, then I would say it is a problem with the BCM.

Also, welcome to the club.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Would this be a dealer only fix? Or is it something thats easy to get to? Thanks.

To tell you any more, I would need to know whether or not the switches on the doors work to unlock the rear doors so that I could determine what the problem actually is. If it is the passenger door module, you should be able to replace it yourself. If it ends up being your BCM, you will need to go to the dealer.

A third possibility (but only if neither switch on the front doors unlocks the rear doors) is that somewhere along the way (perhaps a previous owner if this problem has been there since you got the truck) the rear lock motors were unplugged - or both died. That would be an easy fix too, but I need to know what switches do and don't work before I can point you in the right direction.

I can tell you that the front door lock switches do not operate the rear door locks. Thanks Again, John